This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting of contact list

I am using Reunion 10. I have 89 entries in my contact list and trying to sort by last name in the contacts list window, but it is not sorting that way. What I

Re: Sorting of contact list

Yep, but only because it is not real obvious. Step 1 is to open the Lists window by clicking on the double orange colored rectangles (bottom right). Step 2 is that by clicking on the title of any column, it will sort. If the order is backwards, click once more. (e.g. Z to A when you want A to Z.)
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks so much for the tip!! It will sort alphabetically by first name. But, I want it sort by last name.

Comment

Add or change a column to Last Name and sort on that.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
          Thanks so much for the tip!! It will sort alphabetically by first name. But, I want it sort by last name.
          Did you click on the orange boxes to open up a copy of the list? When I did that I could sort by last name, first name, or married name.

Marc
          Marc Irish

Comment

I haven't explored the use of the contact function and after viewing the discussion here, I am in need of help.

I read teh instructions in the manual, but am not able to figure out how to even get a contact entered. I've filled out the data, clicked close and then clicked on the sidebar --> contacts. The instructions in the manual are lengthy, but the results of my attempts does not produce a contact list.

Nothing appears in my contacts, so where am I going wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbob View Post
              I haven't explored the use of the contact function and after viewing the discussion here, I am in need of help.

I read teh instructions in the manual, but am not able to figure out how to even get a contact entered. I've filled out the data, clicked close and then clicked on the sidebar --> contacts. The instructions in the manual are lengthy, but the results of my attempts does not produce a contact list.

Nothing appears in my contacts, so where am I going wrong?
              Here's what I do...

1) Open Reunion to the family page of the person or couple you want to enter contact info for
              2) Go to the Reunion menu bar at the very top of the window & click on "Edit"
              3) In the drop-down, go down to and click on "Contact Info..."
              4) On the drop-down box, determine whether you want to put a family address or just an address for one of the couple - click on that button
              5) Fill in the info you want to add. You can add other fields by clicking on "Add Field". I use the "Other" field to add the date I entered the info.
              6) Click on "Close"

To see the list of contacts you have entered, go to the left sidebar, all the way to the bottom, and click on "Contacts".

To sort the contacts...
              1) go to the bottom of the right sidebar, under the list of contacts, and click on the orange pages icon to bring up the separate contacts page which shows the different columns.
              2) If you want to sort by the last name, and don't have a "Last Name" column, go down to the yellow grid icon at the left bottom of the list. Click on "Add Column".
              3) To the far right you will see a new column named "????". Click on the arrows & choose "Last Name" (near the bottom of the list). You will get an alphabetical list of the last names.
              4) You can click & drag that column to the far left if you want it to be the first column.

Hope this works for you and is helpful to any others.
              Kaye Mushalik
              -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
              -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
              -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
                Here's what I do...

1) Open Reunion to the family page of the person or couple you want to enter contact info for
                2) Go to the Reunion menu bar at the very top of the window & click on "Edit"
                3) In the drop-down, go down to and click on "Contact Info..."
                4) On the drop-down box, determine whether you want to put a family address or just an address for one of the couple - click on that button
                5) Fill in the info you want to add. You can add other fields by clicking on "Add Field". I use the "Other" field to add the date I entered the info.
                6) Click on "Close"

To see the list of contacts you have entered, go to the left sidebar, all the way to the bottom, and click on "Contacts".

To sort the contacts...
                1) go to the bottom of the right sidebar, under the list of contacts, and click on the orange pages icon to bring up the separate contacts page which shows the different columns.
                2) If you want to sort by the last name, and don't have a "Last Name" column, go down to the yellow grid icon at the left bottom of the list. Click on "Add Column".
                3) To the far right you will see a new column named "????". Click on the arrows & choose "Last Name" (near the bottom of the list). You will get an alphabetical list of the last names.
                4) You can click & drag that column to the far left if you want it to be the first column.

Hope this works for you and is helpful to any others.
                Thank you kmsgenealogy - You provided the missing link in the entry and retrieval of some test data I had entered. Strange that I had not even considered such a list until I encountered this thread. Your instructions should be entered into the manual for those of us who couldn't follow the manual's instructions.

Could I impose on you further? I haven't figured out how to delete the contacts list of test data I had entered. Unfortunately, I did not initially 'save' the list and from the manual it appears that was a step I neglected to do - which appears to lead to how to delete the list.

I resorted to opening a backup copy of my file that had no list, but deleting a complete listing would be a neat feature to know.

I need to work on this since having a process of keeping contacts would be so great to have.

Thanks again.

Bob
                Last edited by Deb; 28 August 2014, 09:43 AM. Reason: Additional thought and correct a sentence

Comment

Originally posted by MarcIrish View Post
                  Did you click on the orange boxes to open up a copy of the list? When I did that I could sort by last name, first name, or married name.

Marc
                  I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I changed the name of the people to how I wanted it to print out, I did not put it in with the last name first.

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
                    I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I changed the name of the people to how I wanted it to print out, I did not put it in with the last name first.
                    What I meant to say was -- When I changed the name of the people to how I wanted it to sort, I did not put it in with the last name first.

Comment

Working...
                    X