This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosemite Issues?

Since I installed Yosemite yesterday, Reunion quits unexpectedly when I do a Find/Replace action. Second issue occurs when I try to load a gedcom. The loading of people goes as expected then Reunion stops responding when the Linking action starts.

I'm hoping it is just issues on my end but wanted to see if anybody else has had any problems after Yosemite install.

Jim

Re: Yosemite Issues?

Originally posted by JamesWinfrey View Post
    Since I installed Yosemite yesterday, Reunion quits unexpectedly when I do a Find/Replace action. Second issue occurs when I try to load a gedcom. The loading of people goes as expected then Reunion stops responding when the Linking action starts.
    Jim,

I was able to duplicate the problem with the Find and Replace. Reunion unexpectedly quit.

Marc
    Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:34 AM.
    Marc Irish

Comment

Yosemite issue 2

With update list as you type deselected searching people in people list works ok but when deleting search request in people list by back spacing takes a really long time

Comment

So far, the only issue we've found (with regard to using Reunion 10 with Yosemite) is the Find & Replace problem.

See this FAQ item...

Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:34 AM.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Yosemite issue 2

Originally posted by james petty View Post
          ...when deleting search request in people list by back spacing takes a really long time
          We can't duplicate this issue here.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            I had the same problem today. Rebuilding cache files and relaunching the app fixed things. The index was quite slow to update as I was typing or erasing from the search box (selecting an individual from the index was also taking up to 6-7 seconds).
            Benoit Bousquet
            Reunion 14

Comment

On Yosemite, out of curiosity I fired up Reunion 10 and got the following error msg in the Console:

Oct 21 17:54:24 MBPfurbies.local Reunion 10[3929]: IMK Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario in <rdar://problem/16792073> - (imkxpc_attributesForCharacterIndex:reply block performed very slowly (2.02 secs)

No idea what it means but maybe there's something about Yosemite that Reunion doesn't like ?

all I did was open my family tree file and save a backup copy....

don't know why the smily face appears in the console output after I posted, its not in the console
              Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Re: Yosimite Issues?

Originally posted by furbies View Post
                don't know why the smily face appears in the console output after I posted, its not in the console
                The forum software interprets any instance of a colon followed immediately by a close parenthesis as a smiley face and displays the text as such.
                Tim Lundin
                Heartland Family Graphics
                http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

So far, the only issue we've found (with regard to using Reunion 10 with Yosemite) is the Find & Replace problem.

See this FAQ item...

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...sxyosemite.php
                  Are you saying that if I do upgrade to Yosemite I will be able to use Pages?
                  Terri Works - Fifth Generation Californian
                  Using Reunion 11 and High Sierra OS

Comment

Originally posted by Terri Works View Post
                    Are you saying that if I do upgrade to Yosemite I will be able to use Pages?
                    No. Pages still doesn't import RTF files in Yosemite.
                    The additional note on the FAQ page (regarding Pages) is an attempt to alert people who upgrade to Yosemite from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion (anything but Mavericks), that Pages will unexpectedly be broken. I.e., we're assuming that if you've been using Mavericks, you already know about the Pages problem.
                    Frank Leister
                    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

No. Pages still doesn't import RTF files in Yosemite.
                      The additional note on the FAQ page (regarding Pages) is an attempt to alert people who upgrade to Yosemite from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion (anything but Mavericks), that Pages will unexpectedly be broken. I.e., we're assuming that if you've been using Mavericks, you already know about the Pages problem.
                      yes I'm aware of the problem, basically I send everything to text edit and then copy and paste it into Pages. A little cumbersome but it's been working.
                      Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:36 AM.
                      Terri Works - Fifth Generation Californian
                      Using Reunion 11 and High Sierra OS

Comment

Originally posted by james petty View Post
                        With update list as you type deselected searching people in people list works ok but when deleting search request in people list by back spacing takes a really long time
                        I have had a similar problem, but also with typing in the box and selecting. It is not however all of the time. It was fine while working yesterday for instance.

It first happened upon upgrading to Mavericks, but stopped after the first update. It returned when I installed the first Public Beta of Yosemite and has continued from time to time since.

I do though have just over 150,000 people in my database.

Comment

I'm also having sporadic problems selecting people in the people list. Typing a surname doesn't always bring up everyone with that name - sometimes none at all. Rebuilding the caches seemed to help for a while, but when closing Reunion and reopening the problem returns.
                          Last edited by Frank; 16 November 2014, 11:36 AM.
                          Randy Hess

MBP (2019) 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB; Reunion 14

Comment

I have the same problem intermittently. Backspace erase or scrolling is delayed quite a bit. Closing and reopening works for a time then it recurrs.

Comment

I don't think this is a Reunion problem with Yosemite. Here is a link about Wi-Fi problems people are having:

I think I will wait awhile before updating to Yosemite. I'm already having slowdown problems - maybe from one of the last OSX updates regarding Security and iTunes. I'm stopping all updates for now, both on Mac OSX and iOS8 - haven't downloaded iOS8.1.
                              Kaye Mushalik
                              -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                              -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                              -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                              X