ReunionTalk  

Go Back   ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion

Old 15 May 2009, 11:59 PM

Question Deed Mapping Software

I have been looking for a deed mapping software program for MAC and just discovered one called Metes and Bounds. I am wondering if any here has used this software and what recommendations you would have for it.

Craig Kilby
Old 23 May 2009, 10:59 AM

Exclamation Re: Deed Mapping Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Kilby
I have been looking for a deed mapping software program for MAC and just discovered one called Metes and Bounds. I am wondering if any here has used this software and what recommendations you would have for it.

Craig Kilby
Since it appears nobody here has used any such software, there is a free trial download of this application which I'm going to try out. For those interested in this, go to:

http://www.tabberer.com/sandyknoll/m...are/index.html

Craig Kilby
Old 27 May 2009, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Deed Mapping Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Kilby

Craig Kilby
I used to use a program of this name years ago, and I see hints of it in the "new" program. My reaction is that I don't do business with companies that charge high prices (high for "casual" genealogy use. Business use where tax deductions come into effect may change your mileage) and then try to extract even more money by charging separately for "extras". These "extras" were, and should be, a part of the program. Now they want to be paid in advance, by the year, for maintenance updates and such that should come with the program. The business types trying to figure out ways to extract ever more money is something I don't tolerate. Next they'll be charging for "extra features" like, printing access, color output, actually completing the calculations, an input module, translation from the standard Attic Greek language...

The short form, the program looks good, and the old version was great, but it's too expensive and... well... sleazy.

STEVE

ReunionTalk > Using Software & Hardware with Reunion > Deed Mapping Software