This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for "unmarried"

I am new to Reunion 10. Is there a way to source the marital status of "never married" people? I have several people whom I know that were never married. I have listed their status as "never married" but can't find a way to source it. I would think there should be a way to do this, since the rest of the marriage statuses (married, common law, civil union and domestic partner) can be sourced.

Re: Source for "unmarried"

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
    I am new to Reunion 10. Is there a way to source the marital status of "never married" people? I have several people whom I know that were never married. I have listed their status as "never married" but can't find a way to source it. I would think there should be a way to do this, since the rest of the marriage statuses (married, common law, civil union and domestic partner) can be sourced.
    I can't see how you could source a "never married". It is not possible to prove a negative
    Rich

Comment

It is certainly possible to prove a negative, although it may be more tenuous for a historically distant fact.

I would use free-form and enter your 'proof' such as "John was never married; this was well known within the family."

While you don't have a 'never married' document, in my opinion, personal knowledge or circumstantial evidence would suffice.

Comment

The "Add Source" button at the bottom of the widow is not clickable.

Comment

Originally posted by saoi View Post
          I can't see how you could source a "never married". It is not possible to prove a negative
          Rich
          The question isn't "proof", it's sourcing. If you have a source that says "never married" (and obituaries often say this), you would cite that obituary as the source of that assertion.
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Setting the Never Married doesn't actually affect whether or not you can add a source to the Marriage tab of the Edit Family window (as far as I can tell, anyways). If the marriage status is set to Unmarried and there is no spouse for the person in the file, then the Add Source button is disabled - that's the problem you seem to be running into.

This would be something for the wish list
            Last edited by Mark; 21 September 2012, 04:51 PM.
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark!!

Comment

Working...
              X