This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicated Person Sidebar List Incorrectly Linked

I have one person somehow duplicated in the person sidebar list. One links to that person's correct Family entry. The other however links to completely different person in an unrelated Family. All persons contained in that Family link are correctly listed in the Persons sidebar with the appropriate links. I can't therefore use the clipboard to delete this duplicated Person list entry.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Duplicated Person Sidebar List Incorrectly Linked

Not sure if this will help, but when I've encountered similar duplication, I:
    1. Ensure all correct information about the person I wish to remove is also shown in the duplicated person I am retaining (the one correctly linked in their family);
    2. Remove/delete all the information about the person I wish to remove, and lastly change their surname to "AVAILABLE"
    3. "Edit links" of the person I wish to remove, to remove the links (parents, siblings, children)
    4. Drag the "AVAILABLE" person onto the clipboard.

Later when I am creating a new person entry, I select one of my AVAILABLE people (and rename). I currently have about 8 due to a GEDCOM import that mucked me up with some unconnected people. I do this renaming because I am unsure whether or not Reunion will select any lower unused "Person ID" or the next available Person ID at the end of the range.
    John in Brisbane, Australia
    Reunion 12 & FTM on iMac, with Reunion & Ancestry on iPad & iPhone
    Ancestry ID: johnmeara1
    GEDmatch: A369974 & Admin for T578930, T249754, A943304, A193103, T826422

Comment

John,
      Many thanks for your prompt and very helpful response. Your suggestion to remedy the issue was spot on.
      Thanks again and all the best.

Comment

To add: It works for me but the alternative may be to leave out my Step 3. Step 3 for me is a check in case there are links I didn't realise. However Step 4's Drag'n'Drop to the Clipboard probably does same the thing (break links).
        John in Brisbane, Australia
        Reunion 12 & FTM on iMac, with Reunion & Ancestry on iPad & iPhone
        Ancestry ID: johnmeara1
        GEDmatch: A369974 & Admin for T578930, T249754, A943304, A193103, T826422

Comment

Thanks again John. All noted and much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X