This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem creating Graphic File

When I try to save a chart as a graphic file (PNG), I get a dialog popping up that disappears so fast I don't know what it said, but in the Chart window a dialog appears:

"(null)" sources will be converted to "Free Form" sources.
    Do you really want to do this?
    This can't be undone.

Click Usage to see a list of "(null)" sources.

But when I click the Usage button, nothing happens. Am I supposed to see it in the chart? I see no list popping up.

I also tried clicking the Convert button, but nothing visible happens, and I still get the same message next time I try to create a graphic file.

Aside from all this confusion, why does it care what my sources are? The sources aren't in the chart. The chart is beautiful on my screen and all I want to do is write a bitmap of it to a graphic file.

It is a (maybe unreasonably) huge chart, 108 pages. But it looks fine on my screen.

When I make the chart much smaller by removing lots of generations, I don't get this message and it does create the file.

I should add, once I go through the above process, I can't close the chart. The red close button has a dot in it and is dimmed.
    Last edited by Morrie; 19 March 2015, 07:14 PM.

Re: Problem creating Graphic File

That's not working right, as you've already figured out. If the chart is too big, that's what Reunion should be telling you.

Reunion will not make a graphic file from a chart that's larger than 455" in either dimension. You can check on this by selecting File>Get Info from the chart editor's main menu.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      Reunion will not make a graphic file from a chart that's larger than 455" in either dimension
      I checked the size, and the overall paper size is 72.50" x 123.14", so it's way smaller than that.

What's "(null)" source anyway? Is it talking about the source "type"? I checked my list of sources and I don't see any empty types.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds messed up. You should probably contact the help desk directly on this.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X