This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Query about Family Group Sheet format

In the olden days (v8, v9) I seem to have been able to print out a really nice, clean default FGS format--the fields were boxed with headers/labels in bold, etc. I really liked it. Now that I find myself sending the odd FGS to the odd relative, the default I get is very "plain text" .rtf format--straight listings with dashed line separators (if that makes any sense) and it's ugly. I've read the help documentation but I don't see any way around figuring out how to format something better, which is a steeper learning curve than I'm up for at the moment. I'm sure I'm missing something..... a cache of alternate layouts perhaps (not the very spiffy examples that are on this website)?
    Kate McCain

Researching BARKER, FESSLER, KENEIPP, MCCAIN, MORRIS, MONTGOMERY, RAIFORD, WOOTTON, (and in Georgia-- WEBB, EVERETT, LUCKEY, LOWMAN)

Re: Query about Family Group Sheet format

Hi Kate,

Please try setting the "Destination" for the Family Group Sheet for "Printer". Then, click the "Print..." button.

If you'd like to preview the FGS before printing it, click the PDF button, in the window that drops-down after clicking "Print...", and choose "Open PDF in Preview" from the menu that opens.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Query about Family Group Sheet format

Thanks, Mark, that's exactly what I was looking for. It's been some years since I needed to do this.
      Kate McCain

Researching BARKER, FESSLER, KENEIPP, MCCAIN, MORRIS, MONTGOMERY, RAIFORD, WOOTTON, (and in Georgia-- WEBB, EVERETT, LUCKEY, LOWMAN)

Comment

Working...
      X