This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture problems in Family History Reports

I just created a family history report from Reunion 10. For the first time, I've included preferred pictures. Most of the pictures turned out just fine, but five have been "cropped" when compared to the same picture in the family view. These pictures in the family history report look as if the picture from the family view were cropped starting at the lower left corner and limited in the height and width; in other words, part of the right hand side and part of the top have been cut off.

The family history report opened in Word just fine, and other than these five pictures, the rest of the pictures are fine. All of the pictures are .jpgs. Some are scans of photographs, some are pictures taken with my camera. Some of the "cropped" pictures are scans, some are pictures.

Can anyone help me figure out what I've done wrong?

-----===== Bill =====-----

Re: Picture problems in Family History Reports

Originally posted by Bill Guion View Post
    I just created a family history report from Reunion 10. For the first time, I've included preferred pictures. Most of the pictures turned out just fine, but five have been "cropped" when compared to the same picture in the family view. These pictures in the family history report look as if the picture from the family view were cropped starting at the lower left corner and limited in the height and width; in other words, part of the right hand side and part of the top have been cut off.

The family history report opened in Word just fine, and other than these five pictures, the rest of the pictures are fine. All of the pictures are .jpgs. Some are scans of photographs, some are pictures taken with my camera. Some of the "cropped" pictures are scans, some are pictures.

Can anyone help me figure out what I've done wrong?

-----===== Bill =====-----
    Bill,

Is it possible that you cropped the picture in the multimedia window. There is a crop icon (second from right on the bottom of the window for the image). Click on the crop icon and see if the full photo appears with the crop lines around the cropped part. If so, then move the crop lines to fill in the full photo and click "apply" on the bottom far right.

I know I have cropped some of my photos in such a manner.

Bob
    Bob Goode
    Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

Hi Bill,

I believe I know the cause, but I'd need copies of the images in question to be sure - most likely the images have a non-standard DPI which is causing the cropping to be incorrect in the resulting report. If you send the images to help@leisterpro.com I can determine if that's the cause and correct the DPI.

Regarding what Bob suggested, the Family View should reflect any cropping that's been done in the multimedia window.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Hi Bill,

I believe I know the cause, but I'd need copies of the images in question to be sure - most likely the images have a non-standard DPI which is causing the cropping to be incorrect in the resulting report. If you send the images to help@leisterpro.com I can determine if that's the cause and correct the DPI.

Regarding what Bob suggested, the Family View should reflect any cropping that's been done in the multimedia window.

HTH
        Mark,
        Your solution worked just fine. Once I realized that the pictures were at a low (wrong) resolution, I recreated them in a higher resolution, and that worked also.

Comment

Working...
        X