This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box size in charts

When charting, some of the boxes are basically an outline of the text, while some are quite large with very little text; how do I get the box to fit the text? probably simple but I havent found it.......

Re: Box size in charts

There's a couple of things that can be affecting the box size in your chart.

If you open your chart and go to Tree>Orientation, you'll find a setting for trimming boxes: Uniform (all the same size), Generation (each generation the same size), and Each (self-explanatory).

I prefer the Generations setting because it looks more uniform than Each, but is more tailored than Uniform.

For the sake of giving a slightly less convoluted answer, I'll assume you have boxes trimmed by generation. This makes the box width in each generation equal to the widest text in that generation, which can make some boxes look very empty if the text isn't as wide. You can actually change the width of all the boxes in that generation by going to the box that's forcing them to be wide and manually editing its text to wrap to another line (put in a carriage return), and unless there's another box with wide text, all the boxes in that generation should reduce in size.

Make sure you go to Tree>Orientation>OK/Redraw to optimize the tree to the new box size when you're done editing.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Box size in charts

So simple its hard.......many thanks

There's a couple of things that can be affecting the box size in your chart.

If you open your chart and go to Tree>Orientation, you'll find a setting for trimming boxes: Uniform (all the same size), Generation (each generation the same size), and Each (self-explanatory).

I prefer the Generations setting because it looks more uniform than Each, but is more tailored than Uniform.

For the sake of giving a slightly less convoluted answer, I'll assume you have boxes trimmed by generation. This makes the box width in each generation equal to the widest text in that generation, which can make some boxes look very empty if the text isn't as wide. You can actually change the width of all the boxes in that generation by going to the box that's forcing them to be wide and manually editing its text to wrap to another line (put in a carriage return), and unless there's another box with wide text, all the boxes in that generation should reduce in size.

Make sure you go to Tree>Orientation>OK/Redraw to optimize the tree to the new box size when you're done editing.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
      X