This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step-child in Descendant Chart

In a descendant chart, are step-children shown any differently than biological children?

In my family view, I have been able to add step children to a marriage and change the child status to step. So it becomes clear that the children are biologically related to one parent but not the other. But in the descendant chart, I don't see any indication that the children are step. Am I missing something?

Re: Step-child in Descendant Chart

No, when a person is linked to parents, the chart editor doesn't have a way to make distinctions between types of parents. In the chart editor, you can manually edit the color of the box fill or outline color and/or add text to the box to provide this kind of information.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Step-child in Descendant Chart

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      No, when a person is linked to parents, the chart editor doesn't have a way to make distinctions between types of parents. In the chart editor, you can manually edit the color of the box fill or outline color and/or add text to the box to provide this kind of information.
      Tim,

Thanks. I guess the good news is, I didn't do anything wrong. The bad news is, that's all the good news.

-----===== Bill =====-----

Comment

Working...
      X