This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 11 - is it just me ?

Firstly can I say that the the new release , Reunion 11 , looks good although I've only seen Leister's video and introduction to the new features so far. But its also come as a pleasant surprise. Doubtless some of you were involved with or at least aware of the impending launch, but it's taken me totally by surprise. I don't recall seeing ANY discussion on ReunionTalk about an imminent release, nor online comment, nor stuff from Ben Sayer or others. Only this morning, I replied to a poster on ReunionTalk about being content with Reunion10, little realising that a new version was already out, about which I was blissfully unaware!
    Nothing wrong with any of this, its just a welcome surprise not to see something leaked or discussed these days before it came out.
    I like the look of several of the new features. So thank you Leister for the new version , for what you do for us enthusiasts and for staying loyal to a good product in Reunion.
    Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Re: Reunion 11 - is it just me ?

I'm pleasantly surprised too, Rupert :-).
    Thanks again for your comments to my post in the Reunion 10 Forum.......I was unaware of the new version too, so imagine my delight when I logged on this morning to find my worries were groundless!

And I agree - the features look good, and I'm looking forward to exploring them in more detail.
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Comment

Originally posted by rclrocco View Post
      ...Doubtless some of you were involved with or at least aware of the impending launch, but it's taken me totally by surprise. I don't recall seeing ANY discussion on ReunionTalk about an imminent release, nor online comment...
      Hi Rupert, It works better for us to stay focused on building the new product, rather than talk about it before it's ready. The last time we talked about an upcoming release in advance was probably 20 years ago and it was a big mistake.

Only the people doing pre-release testing — and thus sworn to secrecy :-) — were aware of the new release. And even they didn't know the release was ready until this morning. That's because we never finish something and then wait or plan a release date down the road. We work on revisions continuously and they get released when we think they're ready.

I'm pleased that you appreciate our approach.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I am a very new Reunion 10 user, who is still finding my way around all the many features it has to offer, and just beginning to feel confident working with it! So, I was surprised as well to find this morning that it has been upgraded now to Reunion 11! But wow, after looking at the "new features" video I must say I am very impressed at what the new Reunion can do!!! It looks awesome, and what a great surprise! And at the same time a new mobile APP as well. WOW! Thank you so much for these great products!

After downloading and installing Reunion 11, I see that I still have Reunion 10 icon. Does this mean that I have the two separate programs? Shall I just remove the Reunion 10 icon, and if so does that remove the program? I am very new to both Reunion and to MAC. Sorry if this sounds silly!
        Last edited by Mary Tait; 20 April 2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Tait View Post
          After downloading and installing Reunion 11, I see that I still have Reunion 10 icon. Does this mean that I have the two separate programs?
          Yes. Installing the Reunion 11 application file does not replace the Reunion 10 application file.

Originally posted by Mary Tait View Post
          Shall I just remove the Reunion 10 icon, and if so does that remove the program?
          If the Reunion 10 icon is deleted from the Dock, the bar that is normally on the bottom of your screen, deleting it will not delete the application. (I.e., icons on the Dock are simply aliases or shortcuts.)

However, if the actual Reunion 10 application file (normally stored in the Applications folder) is deleted, the program will be deleted.

I hope this is helpful in clarifying things for you:-)
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X