This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register reports and books

The generations in both types of reports are not in order.
    Terry

Re: Register reports and books

Originally posted by Terry Medlar View Post
    The generations in both types of reports are not in order.
    Can you please clarify what you mean by this.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

My grandmother had 8 children. Four of them come one after the other. Then comes my grandmother's sister's children and finally the rest of my Grandmother's children. When I create a report for my husband's great grand parents (asking for 50 generations) our children are not there. Confusing I know. I could send you the report, but you may not realize what is wrong.
      Terry

Comment

My grandmother had 8 children. Four of them come one after the other. Then comes my grandmother's sister's children and finally the rest of my Grandmother's children. When I create a report for my husband's great grand parents (asking for 50 generations) our children are not there. Confusing I know. I could send you the report, but you may not realize what is wrong.
        It could be that people without children are not being assigned register numbers. This can be changed from the Reports > Book pane. Click on the Layout popup menu and choose Define Layouts. Under Settings select Miscellaneous and make sure "Number people without children" is checked. Click Save and try the report again.

If you still see problems, we might need to see your family file.
        Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          It could be that people without children are not being assigned register numbers. This can be changed from the Reports > Book pane. Click on the Layout popup menu and choose Define Layouts. Under Settings select Miscellaneous and make sure "Number people without children" is checked. Click Save and try the report again.

If you still see problems, we might need to see your family file.
          Looks like that was the problem. Thanks!
          Terry

Comment

I tried to create a book. I filled of the spaces but the "create a book' was not highlighted so I could not click on it. What I am doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by briarrose View Post
              I filled of the spaces but the "create a book' was not highlighted so I could not click on it.
              You will need to select someone who has descendants (navigate to them in the Family View or click on them in the People sidebar) in order to create a book. If the currently selected person (shown right of "Descendants of" in Reports / Book) does not have any descendants, you will not be able to create a book.

HTH
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Today I cannot create a book. I get an abend report that I can send to Apple, but I cannot copy it to send to you. Yesterday I was getting books, but not everyone in the line was included. I checked the box to number people without children. That fixed the Register Report, but Books doesn't work.
                  Terry

Comment

I get an abend report that I can send to Apple, but I cannot copy it to send to you.
                    If you click inside the text box containing the report and press CMD+A, then CMD+C you should be able to paste the text of the report into an e-mail addressed to us using CMD+V.

Note that you may need to click "Show Details" to see the text box containing the crash report.

HTH
                    Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
                    X