This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of fields in sources

I have once again decided to change the order of fields for a source. I reset the order and hit the button to save as default. As far as I can tell, there is still no way to make ALL of the sources of this type reorder to the new default, so I am going through one at a time by changing the source type to a different type and then returning to the correct type (it isn't a total waste of time, I am fixing the old ones as I go). I have only changed four so far, and I noticed that the third one doesn't reflect the field order when listing sources (but it does in the Preview tab for the source). Here is what I mean:

OLD Field order: ABCD

NEW Field order: ADCB

When I open the source, it shows the fields as ADCB, but when I look at the source list it shows the fields as ABCD. The primary reason I changed the fields was so I could see the D field in that source list! I thought maybe rebuilding the index would fix the problem--but I cannot find the option anymore. I did rebuild the cache files, but it made no difference.

I have one more issue with Reunion 11.0.1 that is also related to sources--delay when entering information into sources. I am running on an old MacBookPro (2009) so I expect it to be slow, but some days each time I enter information into a source field, the source field turns gray for about 4 seconds before the information is updated and I can edit another field. This causes a lot of delays in my work! I experienced this delay for the first three days or so with Reunion 11 and then it suddenly worked quickly. But now it has the delay again. There is also a delay any time I create a new person in the family file. Is there any way to avoid these delays (e.g., change an option so whatever is causing the delay can be done in the background)?

Thanks for any help!

Richard
Working...
X