Clear All

Getting Started in Reunion 11

I am almost there but stuck. I have Reunion 11 downloaded to my
    applications file on my Mac Book pro. Now i want to start converting
    files from Reunion 10. When I click on the icon in applications it goes
    to documents but clicking does not open a window titled OPEN. I
    have an Reunion 11 icon on my dock but I cannot click on this and
    drag it to the trash. It snaps back. Similarly I can't move the icon
    in applications. I wanted to put it on my dock.
    Should I be reinstalling?

Clarkhttp://www.reuniontalk.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Re: Getting Started in Reunion 11

First some clarifications:

When you click on the Applications folder do you see a listing there for Reunion 11.app?

If you do not see it there, then you haven't finished the installation. To complete the installation you need to open the disk image file that you downloaded (most current is Reunion-11-0-6.dmg) and drag the application in the folder within the disk image into your Applications folder. As you will find in another thread here, it is best to choose "Replace" to replace the old version of Reunion, although I personally do have Reunion 10 and Reunion 11 both installed because I was being cautious.

Now that we are certain that the application is installed, let's shift to your dock. There are two ways to add/remove icons from the dock. The first is to click and hold on the (old) Reunion icon in your dock. You need to drag this at least an inch away from the dock before it will be removed. To be safe, I always drag it to the center of the screen and then release. The other option is to right-click (or control+click) and select the Options drop-down menu. If the item is permanently in the dock it will have Remove from Dock. Click on this and, voila! It will be removed!

Now that the icon for the old Reunion is removed from your dock, open your applications folder and click on Reunion 11.app to start Reunion. You will have to approve running an application downloaded from the internet and depending on your previous settings it may ask you if you want to convert the file that it opened up with when you started the app. Since you want to convert files, I would go ahead and let it convert if it comes up with that dialog, but my goal here is to pin the new Reunion app to the dock. So when you have a chance, right-click (or control+click) on the icon for Reunion and select the Options drop-down menu. This time instead of Remove from Dock it will say Keep in Dock. Click this and it will remain in the dock!

I hope that this helps!

Sincerely,

Richard Webb

Comment

Getting Started in Reunion 11

Thank you Richard.
      I am sitting here converting R10 files with R11 on my dock.
      It took some figuring but in reading your instructions I realized
      that I was making some obvious and silly mistakes. I have one
      more question for the forum which I will post separately.
      Thanks again.

Clark

Comment

Working...
      X