Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my upgrade app labelled Reunion 12?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my upgrade app labelled Reunion 12?

I'm confused. I just upgraded to 11.0.6. The new install is labelled Reunion 12.app.

And I just now noticed that my old app, which 'get info" says is 10.0.6, is labelled Reunion 11.app.

What's going on here?

Re: Why is my upgrade app labelled Reunion 12?

At some point, most likely when doing an update to Reunion 10, the Finder decided to take control of this number.

This simplest thing to do is to delete Reunion 10, Reunion 11 and Reunion 12 from your Applications folder and do the install for Reunion 11 again. You can downloaded Reunion 11 from here...

There is no need to install Reunion 10 again.

In the future, when installing updates to Reunion 11, you will be asked if you want to "Replace" the existing app -- be sure to select "Replace" and not "Keep Both".

There is a video on our web site that explains how to install maintenance updates...
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Ok - that worked! I guess I've been too conservative about keeping old versions because I also had Reunion 9.

While we're talking about this - does deleting the app completely remove it without leaving old bits of code behind? In other words, do I need to do some kind of Uninstall process?

Thank you so much for your speedy reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ebmeyer View Post
        ... does deleting the app completely remove it without leaving old bits of code behind? In other words, do I need to do some kind of Uninstall process?
        Deleting the app simply deletes the app -- however, there's not really anything else that needs to be deleted. Many files (other than your older family files) originally created by Reunion 9 and Reunion 10 will used by Reunion 11.
        Gregg Witmer

Comment

Great! Again, thanks for your quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            At some point, most likely when doing an update to Reunion 10, the Finder decided to take control of this number.

This simplest thing to do is to delete Reunion 10, Reunion 11 and Reunion 12 from your Applications folder and do the install for Reunion 11 again. You can downloaded Reunion 11 from here...

Gregg, when I updated my 11.0.5 to 11.0.6 -- doing the "usual thing" by selecting "Replace" -- I received a message saying that my Reunion file was damaged. So (somewhat concerned; and perhaps inspired?), I immediately repeated the process but this time I selected "Keep Both".

This then gave me a "Reunion 12" file AND my old "Reunion 11" file with a "circled-slash" across it.

I then deleted the "circled-slash Reunion 11 file" and renamed "Reunion 12" as "Reunion 11.0.6".

All seems OK here with me now: BUT is all this OK with you?

Thanks, as always; Gordon
            SURNAMES - UK, AUS: Bourne Boyd Bull Corderoy Hicks Hyland Littley Mackie Stewart Stone Watson

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Watson View Post
              ...renamed "Reunion 12" as "Reunion 11.0.6".

All seems OK here with me now: BUT is all this OK with you?
              A couple of things...

Rename "Reunion 11.0.6" to "Reunion 11" -- typically subversion numbers do not appear in the name of the application.

Also, launch Reunion 11 and choose Reunion > About Reunion from the main menubar to make sure you are running version 11.0.6.
              Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                A couple of things...

Rename "Reunion 11.0.6" to "Reunion 11" -- typically subversion numbers do not appear in the name of the application.

Also, launch Reunion 11 and choose Reunion > About Reunion from the main menubar to make sure you are running version 11.0.6.
                Thanks Gregg: Renamed, relaunched; 11.0.6 is up and running!
                SURNAMES - UK, AUS: Bourne Boyd Bull Corderoy Hicks Hyland Littley Mackie Stewart Stone Watson

Comment

Working...
                X