This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How safe is Reunion 11?

I have tons of personal data in Reunion 10. Mother maiden name, SSN etc..
    Reunion 10 does not have password or encryption of my data on my computers.
    1) Does Reunion 11 have password to protect my data and encryption of the data on my computers without using a cloud account?
    2) Does Reunion 11 use Apple Cloud? or your own cloud account to sync data instantly?
    3) Does Reunion 11 encrypt the data in the cloud and to and from the cloud?
    4) How save is my data from hacking?
    Seems like more and more data is hacked these days. Not sure I want to upgrade to Reunion 11 and risk compromising my personal data.
    Thank you
    Stan
    Last edited by Stan Nove; 28 July 2015, 06:09 PM.

Re: How safe is Reunion 11?

Originally posted by Stan Nove View Post
    I have tons of personal data in Reunion 10. Mother maiden name, SSN etc..
    Reunion 10 does not have password or encryption of my data on my computers.
    1) Does Reunion 11 have password to protect my data and encryption of the data on my computers without using a cloud account?
    2) Does Reunion 11 use Apple Cloud? or your own cloud account to sync data instantly?
    3) Does Reunion 11 encrypt the data in the cloud and to and from the cloud?
    4) How save is my data from hacking?
    Seems like more and more data is hacked these days. Not sure I want to upgrade to Reunion 11 and risk compromising my personal data.
    Your computer has a password. Data on your computer doesn't need an additional password. Just as Microsoft Word doesn't password protect your data, just like Photoshop doesn't password protect your data, neither does Reunion. There's no need for it.

None of your data leaves your computer unless you decide to share it. Reunion doesn't use Apple's iCloud to share data, it uses Dropbox. See this link for more information about Dropbox encryption and security.

Upgrading to Reunion 11 from Reunion 10 doesn't do anything that would alter your security.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: How safe is Reunion 11?

Originally posted by Stan Nove View Post
      <SNIP>
      Thank you
      Stan
      Hi Stan,

As Dennis said, upgrading to Reunion 11 does not change any security you have on your Mac.

You do not have to sync R11 with ReunionTouch if you are uncomfortable with syncing through Dropbox. Unfortunately, that means that you cannot use the ReunionTouch iOS application (unless you manually add information to it yourself). So, your data would not be in anyone's cloud.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
      X