• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 9 and El Capitan

Does Reunion 9 work with apple new os El Capitan

Re: Reunion 9 and El Capitan

Originally posted by condlejp View Post
    Does Reunion 9 work with apple new os El Capitan
    Mavericks was the last OS that Reunion 9 works with.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      My Reunion 9.0c runs just fine with Yosemite.

Comment

I have used Reunion 9 with El Capitan - I use it for to import a GEDCOM file and then export it again after looking through Place names and other things.

It does that at least with no apparent problems.

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Then it looks like my source of information needs an update. I simply looked in the Older Versions FAQ's and found this:
          Attached Files
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Then it looks like my source of information needs an update. I simply looked in the Older Versions FAQ's and found this:
            Of course, that does not say that Reunion 9 does not work with versions past Mavericks, it just says that Leister no longer supports Reunion 9.

Comment

We did update the web site today to help clarify the answers to these and similar questions.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
                I have used Reunion 9 with El Capitan - I use it for to import a GEDCOM file and then export it again after looking through Place names and other things.

It does that at least with no apparent problems.

Roger
                Thanks, I am running Yosomite but want to go to El Capitian. I would upgrade reunion but do not want to have to use dropbox to sync to my iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  We did update the web site today to help clarify the answers to these and similar questions.
                  I am using Reunion 9.0c with Mac OSX Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and am thinking of upgrading to El Capitan. Questions:

Is Reunion 9.0c compatible with El Capitan? I like my Reunion 9.0c.

I saw a post re iPhotos vs. Photos use with Reunion. I have only 1 computer and don't do synching, etc. with other devices. I do not want to put my photos in iCloud. That said, should I upgrade to Reunion 10 and/or 11? Should it be done before I upgrade to El Capitan?

Will my (many) descendant charts I have created in Reunion 9.0c look different in Reunion 10 or Reunion 11?

Can I upgrade to just Reunion 10, or do I jump to Reunion 11? This "old girl' is reluctant to make changes from Reunion 9.0c that she is use to and familiar with!

Thanks, for any help in this decision to upgrade.

I am taking your advice about upgrading to Reunion 11 from Reunion 9 PRIOR to upgrading to El Capitan. My question is:

I thought I wanted to order the CD rather than the download. Don't I get the same thing with both? The order for the CD states "download not included". Is there any advantage of one over the other (other than price)? What is preferable? Thanks.
                  Last edited by Loretta Kuehn; 07 March 2016, 04:22 PM. Reason: Additional question re upgrading

Comment

Originally posted by Loretta Kuehn View Post
                    ...should I upgrade to Reunion 10 and/or 11? Should it be done before I upgrade to El Capitan?
                    You would be better off upgrading your family file to Reunion 11 BEFORE upgrading to El Capitan.

Will my (many) descendant charts I have created in Reunion 9.0c look different in Reunion 10 or Reunion 11?
                    No, your charts will look the same. However, Reunion 11 will give you more options for improving the look of chart boxes.

Can I upgrade to just Reunion 10, or do I jump to Reunion 11?
                    You can skip Reunion 10 and go from Reunion 9 to Reunion 11.
                    Gregg Witmer
                    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                    X