This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo File Location(s)?

Do I need to put all of my photos in the same Folder? If so, is it OK to have the photos in sub folders under a single folder?

Thanks,
    Bill

Re: Photo File Location(s)?

Originally posted by jcherepy View Post
    Do I need to put all of my photos in the same Folder? If so, is it OK to have the photos in sub folders under a single folder?

Thanks,
    Bill
    I have deliberately put all of my photos, scans, etc, in sub-sub folders (of a folder I have named: Documentation) and Reunion locates them just fine. In fact, these sub-sub folders are not in the default Reunion data folder at all!

Anyone wanting further information on how I set up this folder system, please email me off list at: <apalmer6 AT verizon.net> with “Documentation folder” in the subject line.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Originally posted by jcherepy View Post
      Do I need to put all of my photos in the same Folder...
      No.

From the user guide...
      Once a multimedia file is linked to a person, family, or source record, the multimedia file can be moved and/or renamed on the same hard drive and Reunion will automatically keep track of the file. Thus you won't be breaking links to the original picture files if you reorganize or rename them in the Finder. ...
      The exception is when you are using multiple hard drives (moving pictures from one volume to another)
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

Bill

Comment

This folder IS on the same hard drive, just a different folder.
          Arnold
          -----
          RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
          X