X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organising Islands

Hi Guys

I'm looking for ideas for naming my islands. I have recently started a One Name Study so I find I'm using this feature more and more.

I realise the island numbers change depending on the number of generations and people, and that you cannot sort them.

The only way I could think of, was to record each island by the earliest couples names but I have a couple of islands which would read John Eden/Mary Smith which isn't helpful.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sue

Re: Organising Islands

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm looking for ideas for naming my islands. I have recently started a One Name Study so I find I'm using this feature more and more.

I realise the island numbers change depending on the number of generations and people, and that you cannot sort them.

The only way I could think of, was to record each island by the earliest couples names but I have a couple of islands which would read John Eden/Mary Smith which isn't helpful.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sue
    I too am learning to use the islands feature for a One Place study. In my case, I have many different, potentially connected people in LOTS of small islands. So far I have learned to rename each island thusly: SURNAME, First name (year of birth-year of death). That way if we ever get the ability to sort the islands, my list will be ready to sort by surname first. Moreover, I usually pick the most important person in the island, as that person is the one that may help to make family connections!

And yes, the ability to sort islands would be enormously helpful in my research. I vote to put this function on the wish list. Hint, hint!
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Re: Organising Islands

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
      Hi Guys

Any ideas?

Thanks
      Sue
      I, too, would like to use the Islands-feature more comfortably. By now, it only gives an overview on the number of islands and its inhabitants. I think it would be very useful to form an archipelago. That is, renaming the islands (NAME, PLACE – this is my way) and after that sorting them by name. This would really help to find those poor individuals, the Robinson Crusoes, and find a family for them.

And yes, this is definitely an item for the wish list.

Michael
      Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
      X