This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to delete person

I added a person in the wrong place. How do I delete that person?

thanks

Re: How to delete person

Drag him to the clipboard. He will sit there until you either drag him out to the correct place or you clear the clipboard (using the hammer icon at the bottom of the clipboard side board).
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Thanks very much! That did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        Drag him to the clipboard. He will sit there until you either drag him out to the correct place or you clear the clipboard (using the hammer icon at the bottom of the clipboard side board).
        After using reunion for many years (but not since about 7.0), I downloaded last night and was screaming at the software. Maybe i can use this info to ask, "If I have accidentally removed a name- and hence part of the family that came with it, can I use this method to reinsert that part of the family back to its original position?" I didn't find the help very helpful.
        I'm so gun shy about trying to move and delete people, I don't want to make it worse.
        Last edited by grammrsnob; 19 January 2016, 07:30 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Assuming that person is still sitting in the clipboard, just drag the person to the appropriate family card. Done! Otherwise, you'll need to recreate the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Assuming that person is still sitting in the clipboard, just drag the person to the appropriate family card. Done! Otherwise, you'll need to recreate the information.
            darn (@#$%&!!) that's not what I wanted to hear. That's three or four generations from one person. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by grammrsnob View Post
              darn (@#$%&!!) that's not what I wanted to hear. That's three or four generations from one person. Thanks for the info.
              But, if you have only deleted one person the other generations will still be sat in splendid unlinked isolation in your database! So all you should have to do is recreate the record for the link person.

Comment

Once you have dragged the person from the clipboard, now click on the plus sign above their info box and choose, Add xxxx from Sidebar. There are three choices: spouse, father and mother. Of course, you should have the intended people that you want to link back together already showing over in the sidebar.

You may have to repeat this process with several people depending on your particular situation but it is way less work than recreating records.

Comment

Working...
                X