This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than one family in a report

When creating family-history reports or other descendant reports the source person is always number one. When combining parts from different families in one report I would like to use a number other than one for the source person, to give the different families a unique identification. Is that possible?
    Another question: The source person is always the man in a marriage. Is it possible to make the female the source person?
    Thank you.

Re: More than one family in a report

Originally posted by ottera View Post
    When creating family-history reports or other descendant reports the source person is always number one. When combining parts from different families in one report I would like to use a number other than one for the source person, to give the different families a unique identification. Is that possible?
    Another question: The source person is always the man in a marriage. Is it possible to make the female the source person?
    Thank you.
    Sad to say, it is the nature of the beast. The first person referenced in a Register Report will ALWAYS be number one, and also forces male dominance as well. You do have the option, however, to create your own “User ID” in a person’s detail view and that ID does show in reports! (It is on the right side of the “Name View.)

As for making any given person a SOURCE, the solution is really very simple in v11:
    1) Find the person you wish to make the source (male or female)
    2) Right click on that person’s banner in the family view and select “Find Relatives” (third from the bottom in the pop-up menu).
    The right hand sidebar will make that person the “source” and list that person’s relatives. Moreover, after creating this list of relatives for any given person, you have the option to “Share” that list by clicking on the right-most icon at the bottom of the screen, which includes a way to create a “Relatives report”.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Re: More than one family in a report

Originally posted by AE Palmer View Post
      Sad to say, it is the nature of the beast. The first person referenced in a Register Report will ALWAYS be number one, and also forces male dominance as well. You do have the option, however, to create your own “User ID” in a person’s detail view and that ID does show in reports! (It is on the right side of the “Name View.)

As for making any given person a SOURCE, the solution is really very simple in v11:
      1) Find the person you wish to make the source (male or female)
      2) Right click on that person’s banner in the family view and select “Find Relatives” (third from the bottom in the pop-up menu).
      The right hand sidebar will make that person the “source” and list that person’s relatives. Moreover, after creating this list of relatives for any given person, you have the option to “Share” that list by clicking on the right-most icon at the bottom of the screen, which includes a way to create a “Relatives report”.
      Thank you Arnold,
      It looks like I have to do some editing after the report is created.
      And about the female as source person: I´m writing about the emigration from Norway. When a young lady emigrated and a couple of years later married it is not natural to make her husband the source person (he never emigrated anywhere!). So I probably have to do some editing here too. And thank you for the information about the "find relatives" option. Maybe it is not relevant for my task now, but maybe later.

Comment

Working...
      X