This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unrelated people

I am using Reunion 10. Is it possible after adding a person to my family file, to change that person to “unrelated”? I have a few people in my family file that I thought were definitely related when I added them, but have discovered since then, that they may not be related at all. But, I want to keep them in the family file, in case I discover in the future that they are in fact related.

Re: Unrelated people

If it were me, I'd drag the person to the clipboard and leave them there in 'Limbo Land'.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Re: Unrelated people

Identifying unrelated people often helps rule them out as family members. I leave their data in my file and change their surname to SURNAME - UNRELATED -- for example, WOODS - UNRELATED. I always use capital letters for unrelated to make sure it is obvious. That way, I don't end up investigating the same person again. Also -- in my family it seemed to be common for families to intertwine in different generations, so I found myself actually making people and lines related again!

Comment

Working...
      X