This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conjectural lines

My wife and I have been trying to locate her Great Grandmother's family for 40 years and recently, DNA has given us some pretty good indications that helped us narrow the search down to two candidate couples to be her parents. They are both from the same area in Texas so it's entirely possible they are related. While we are working on them and trying to sort them out, I want to put them both into our database and somehow connect them to her so I can find them quickly. Of course I will connect her to the RIGHT couple once I figure that out!

I guess I could make them islands and use bookmarks to find them, but I'm wondering what other people do in this situation (it's not the first time I've had to research more than one candidate family). I suppose I could create a "dummy" couple to serve as her parents and then connect the families as the respective parents of the dummy husband and wife. But is there a less kludgey way to do this? Maybe make her the adopted child of two couples? or ???

Suggestions?

Re: Conjectural lines

Hmmm.... I didn't realize I could create my own Child Status in the Reunion settings. So I can make a "Conjectural Child" status and color code it. Neat!

I wish there was a quicker way to select between two sets of parents for a child tho... I guess you right-click on the child's name on her record and select Parents, and then pick which parental couple you want.
    Last edited by donworth; 14 January 2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X