This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on "Find"

1) Is there a way of using “Find” to compare input values? Currently one must set an absolute value to look for (e.g. “birth place = London”), but I see no way to look for “birth place = death place” (for example). Is there a way?

2) It appears that the only facts I can use in Find are Education, Occupation, and Religion. I cannot use Find based on a new type of Fact that I have created. Is there some setting I need to adjust to be able to use it as a basis of Find?

Thanks.

Re: Questions on "Find"

Originally posted by Ron Bottomly View Post
    I see no way to look for “birth place = death place” (for example). Is there a way?
    No, this isn't currently possible with the Find feature.

I cannot use Find based on a new type of Fact that I have created.
    Please try going to:

Reunion -> Preferences..., Fields, Usage

And once the usage list populates, close the preferences then go back to Find and see if the custom Fact appears. Note that you will need to have added the Fact to someone in the family file for it to be an option under Find.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Bottomly View Post
      1) Is there a way of using “Find” to compare input values? Currently one must set an absolute value to look for (e.g. “birth place = London”), but I see no way to look for “birth place = death place” (for example). Is there a way?

2) It appears that the only facts I can use in Find are Education, Occupation, and Religion. I cannot use Find based on a new type of Fact that I have created. Is there some setting I need to adjust to be able to use it as a basis of Find?

Thanks.
      Not sure if this is what you need. But you could say
      Birth place "contains" Xville
      and
      Death place "contains" Xville

Then, all those who were born and died in Xville would appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Please try going to:

Reunion -> Preferences..., Fields, Usage

And once the usage list populates, close the preferences then go back to Find and see if the custom Fact appears. Note that you will need to have added the Fact to someone in the family file for it to be an option under Find.

HTH
        Thanks, Mark. That worked.

Comment

Working...
        X