This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a list of direct ancestors

I've been trying to pull off a list of my direct ancestors about 10 generations back, but even though I can identify them all in the Relatives sort, I can find no way to select just the ones I want, so i can move them into a spreadsheet. I really don't want type them in when all the data I need is in the file. I tried using the Find process, but can't figure out how to get just direct ancestors. I don't want the hundreds of cousins, etc. to clog up my output. The direct ancestor report gives me more data than I want for this purpose. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Lynda

Re: Creating a list of direct ancestors

Hi Lynda,

In the Relatives sidebar, click the Settings icon at the bottom (looks like a gear) and under "Relatives" uncheck everything except "Direct Ancestors", then click "Update".

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, that did what I wanted. Now, is there a way of exporting that to a spread sheet?
      Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by LyndaCook View Post
        Thanks, that did what I wanted. Now, is there a way of exporting that to a spread sheet?
        Lynda
        :You can export the list into a word processor by clicking on the "share" icon which is just to the right of the gear icon you used before (the share icon is a blue rectangle with an upwards arrow pointing out of it.)

And you could cut and paste that from say, MS Word to MS Excel in one step.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X