This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Media Pages

I would like to include jpg images of family documents in my book. I have checked "Media pages" in the Includes for a Register book. The images included are thumbnails and the printed matter on the pages is too small to read. I would like configure the Media pages individually and to make the document images full page in size. Is this possible? What would you recommend I do to get the results I want?

Re: Book Media Pages

I had some old photos that I wanted to show as a whole page photo. I also saved, separately, some single page charts of portions of family trees. For both, I included them in the book by saving as PDFs & importing, which creates a new Book page. Some worked better saved as a TIFF file, and dragged onto a blank Book page that I had already created. Experiment to see which yields more readable results.

Unfortunately, this method means doing it by hand for each document you want to include. However, you can edit your familyfile and re-run the "build" without changing these extra pages you have added.

My full page photos went after the "canned-built" section of text and photos. The single-page charts were included in the preliminary pages. The Book Creator indexed both of these types nicely, so they still looked official.

I might have included more detail in this post, where I went into some length about what I had done. http://www.reuniontalk.com/showpost....91&postcount=4
    Last edited by baddorfdeb; 04 May 2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Further reading of that notes post I pointed to, reminds me that if all your items are in a PDF file, several pages long but one item to a page, then IMPORTING will bring them all in at once. They will become tthe same number of new pages in the book.

Comment

Thanks baddorfdeb for your wonderfully detailed response! Those are great suggestions, and will allow me to place the photos where I would most like them. Thank you also for the link, lots of useful info there. My book is going to be quite long, three generations with oodles of descendants from the GGG Grandparents, and oodles of images, and stories. I am doing a test book of just one short line in the family tree, to work out a method, and will then begin on the rest of the family lines.

Comment

Working...
        X