This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People side bar - name highlight

If you choose a person on the People side bar, using the family view main screen, the highlight of the person 's name is in yellow.

I am reviewing all the NOTES screens (1988 persons), so I have the side bar on PEOPLE and the Family view on NOTES and I scroll going down each person on the side bar, so I can see the notes and check the information.

When I do this, the HIGHLIGHT of each person, is in light grey, so it is very difficult to identify where I stopped, to continue to the next person.

Is there a place I can change this HIGHLIGHT to yellow too?

Re: People side bar - name HIGHLIGHT

I believe this is an OS issue; not a Reunion issue. The gray is telling you that you cannot do any other action on any listees until you click the active button -- which in this case is the blue Done button. e.g. You have an action in progress and must complete it.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Priscilla Bueno View Post
      If you choose a person on the People side bar, using the family view main screen, the highlight of the person 's name is in yellow.

I am reviewing all the NOTES screens (1988 persons), so I have the side bar on PEOPLE and the Family view on NOTES and I scroll going down each person on the side bar, so I can see the notes and check the information.

When I do this, the HIGHLIGHT of each person, is in light grey, so it is very difficult to identify where I stopped, to continue to the next person.

Is there a place I can change this HIGHLIGHT to yellow too?
      The system highlight for the active window can be set in System Preferences>General.
      /Users/myHD-LEM/Desktop/System Preferences>General--Screen Shot.png
      This will not, unfortunately, affect the gray highlight in non-active windows, as Bob pointed out.

You can also play with the colors in Reunion Family View Preferences to find colors that contrast with the gray highlight of the non-active window. I had changed my family view colors in my main family file so that I would not accidentally confuse it with other family files. My new colors turned out to provide better contrast to the gray highlight in the People Sidebar.
      /Users/myHD-LEM/Desktop/Reunion Family View Preferences--screen shot.png

Lawrence 🍷
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't understand what you both mean with a non-active window.

The side bar is active and I can click on the names, to choose a new name and the view changes to the new person.

The problem is that it is grey only when the Notes option is on display. When I go back to the main screen, the side bar is active in the same way, I can choose names, but then it is yellow.

Comment

Active = the window that you can work in right now.

Non-active = the window that won't accept your action because another window is active.

When you open Notes, it is now the active window. The rest of what you see -- the surrounding Reunion window -- becomes the inactive or non-active window. When you click the Done button, the Notes becomes inactive. e.g. you can look at it but you cannot edit it.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer. If not, we can keep trying.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X