This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gedcom tag

I want to add a probate field to my charts--and have questions about creating a GEDCOM tag. Is there an "authorized list" somewhere or can I just call it PROB or more likely WILL?

C
    Christina
    Searching for Moog, Nippert, Wilson, Wolf, Mule, and a whole bunch of other names

Re: Gedcom tag

According to this, WILL is the tag.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      WILL would be for the date the will is signed (and presumably also for the date of any codicil).
      PROB would be the date of probate.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
        WILL would be for the date the will is signed (and presumably also for the date of any codicil).
        PROB would be the date of probate.
        Yes, the correct GEDCOM Tag is 'PROB'. See http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/GEDCOM-Tags for one source of the full list of GEDCOM 5.5 Tag Names, plus those added in 5.5.1

Mervyn

Comment

Originally posted by mjashby View Post
          Yes, the correct GEDCOM Tag is 'PROB'. See http://wiki-en.genealogy.net/GEDCOM-Tags for one source of the full list of GEDCOM 5.5 Tag Names, plus those added in 5.5.1

Mervyn
          Mervyn, thank you! This is brilliant! All too often the obvious escapes me. I was able to add the event "Will Probated" do a quick search of all "Will" events with the memo containing "probate" and clean up so many ancestors quickly.

When I am in the events window with the three columns (person events on the left, default person events on the right, and events abbreviation, narrative form and GEDCOM tag, how are all of the those boxes filled out?
          Bradley Jansen
          OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Working...
          X