This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last name UPPERCASE

Greetings. I am returning to Reunion after setting aside my research for a couple of years. I just upgraded from version 9 to version 11 and have encountered a problem that I haven't found addressed in the forum since 2012 (????)

I have in my individual files the last name UPPERCASE checked, because I prefer to have the last names in my reports in uppercase. However, none of the last names in the different views nor in any reports are showing up in uppercase.

I have Reunion 11 installed on my Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.5.

Can someone help me figure this out? Have I overlooked something in this new version of Reunion?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory

Re: last name UPPERCASE

Originally posted by gd barnes View Post
    However, none of the last names in the different views nor in any reports are showing up in uppercase.
    Might these entries have been entered before the "Last Names UPPERCASE" option was checked? Checking this option doesn't affect existing entries, it only affects new entries that you enter or entries were you modify the last name.

Note that you can change all last names in the file to uppercase by going to:

Change / Case

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Mark,
      Thanks for the help. Yes, the file I am working with was a GEDCOM imported years ago from a windows product. And yes the Change-Case did the job. I guess I just overlooked that as I was trying to get reacquainted with Reunion.

Thanks again.

Gregory

Comment

Now that they are all caps, you may wish to scan your list of all names for any you wish to revise, e.g. MCNAME back to McNAME.
        John in Brisbane, Australia
        Reunion 12 & FTM on iMac, with Reunion & Ancestry on iPad & iPhone
        Ancestry ID: johnmeara1
        GEDmatch: A369974 & Admin for T578930, T249754, A943304, A193103, T826422

Comment

Working...
        X