This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Husband and descendants

How do I move a second spouse and her descendants to show her as married to the son of her husband and his first spouse, and not married as his second spouse?
    This occurred when it was discovered that Fred Brown who married Jane Smith had a father, also Fred Brown, and I had incorrectly assumed that Jane married the father, not the son.
    I have tried a couple of ways of doing this move, but each time seem to end up with a series of circular relationships which I don't seem to be able to untangle. As there are 5 generations below this error, I'd sooner not input all the data again.
    Help please!
    Cris Waller

Re: Changing Husband and descendants

Originally posted by wallerc View Post
    How do I move a second spouse and her descendants to show her as married to the son of her husband and his first spouse, and not married as his second spouse?
    This occurred when it was discovered that Fred Brown who married Jane Smith had a father, also Fred Brown, and I had incorrectly assumed that Jane married the father, not the son.
    I have tried a couple of ways of doing this move, but each time seem to end up with a series of circular relationships which I don't seem to be able to untangle.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd:
    [1] go to the marriage card showing the incorrect marriage of Fred Brown, Sr. and Jane Smith
    [2] click on Fred Brown, Sr. and move him to the clipboard
    [3] If you've entered Fred Brown Jr. as a child of Jane Smith, that's wrong, so drag Fred Brown, Jr. to the clipboard.
    [4] Find Fred Brown, Jr. in the "People" sidebar, and drag him into the blank husband space next to Jane Smith.
    [5] Everyone is now married to the right people. If you had to remove Fred Brown Jr., you should now drag him out of the clipboard to the correct family. If any of the children are shown in the wrong marriage, move them through a similar method (drag to clipboard, switch cards, drag out of clipboard).
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd:
      [1] go to the marriage card showing the incorrect marriage of Fred Brown, Sr. and Jane Smith
      [2] click on Fred Brown, Sr. and move him to the clipboard
      [3] If you've entered Fred Brown Jr. as a child of Jane Smith, that's wrong, so drag Fred Brown, Jr. to the clipboard.
      [4] Find Fred Brown, Jr. in the "People" sidebar, and drag him into the blank husband space next to Jane Smith.
      [5] Everyone is now married to the right people. If you had to remove Fred Brown Jr., you should now drag him out of the clipboard to the correct family. If any of the children are shown in the wrong marriage, move them through a similar method (drag to clipboard, switch cards, drag out of clipboard).
      Thank you very much Dennis. That worked perfectly. Although I have used Reunion for a long time this exercise shows me how little I know....
      Cris Waller

Comment

Originally posted by wallerc View Post
        Thank you very much Dennis. That worked perfectly. Although I have used Reunion for a long time this exercise shows me how little I know....
        Glad it helped. You'll learn things as you need them 😀
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X