This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 8 to Reunion 11 Upgrade

After building a small family tree (285 people) using Ancestry.com over the past few years and realizing that I need to get very serious about my family’s genealogy, several questions have come to mind.

Background facts: I stopped using Reunion 8 back in 2006. Two reasons come to mind: balance of family life issues and hitting dead ends in family history research. Ancestry.com seemed like a wonderful method to “easily” make progress…….. After attending a small family reunion over the July Fourth Holiday and using an old Reunion chart (24” X 36” pedigree format), I now realize the best use of Ancestry.com is to "easily gather information” - tons of information/hints to view, ponder over and decide about from many, many sources. But how to display all my verified family history “like on that large chart” led me to today’s questions.

My questions:
    (A) How do I upgrade from Reunion 8 (on a 2009 iMac computer, OS X 10.8.5) to Reunion 11 (current 15” Mac Book Pro, OS X 10.11.5)?
    (B) What is the suggested process to import GEDCOM files from my Ancestry.com file to Reunion 11?

Any suggestions or advice? Details are most welcome. The need to verify / compare the imported GEDCOM files in Reunion 11 is totally understood.

I just joined this Forum two days ago. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by W F Bryant; 15 July 2016, 09:16 AM.

Re: Reunion 8 to Reunion 11 Upgrade ?

Originally posted by W F Bryant View Post
    ...My questions:
    (A) How do I upgrade from Reunion 8 (on a 2009 iMac computer, OS X 10.8.5) to Reunion 11 (current 15” Mac Book Pro, OS X 10.11.5)?
    You are eligible to purchase an upgrade to Reunion 11 directly through us for $49.95. Additional information about Reunion 11 and how to purchase the upgrade can be found here...

After purchasing and installing the Reunion 11 upgrade, see this web page...

...for information on how to convert (or upgrade) your version 8 family file so it can be used with Reunion 11.

Note: if you are unsure as to how to get your version 8 files to your MacBook Pro, please see this web page for suggestions...

Since you will be transferring Reunion 8 files, you may want to look for them in your Applications/Reunion 8 folder on your iMac. (That was the default location for Reunion 8 and its associated files. However, you could have kept them in another location.)

(B) What is the suggested process to import GEDCOM files from my Ancestry.com file to Reunion 11?

Any suggestions or advice?
    Yes. Please see this FAQ...

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      You are eligible to purchase an upgrade to Reunion 11 directly through us for $49.95. Additional information about Reunion 11 and how to purchase the upgrade can be found here...

After purchasing and installing the Reunion 11 upgrade, see this web page...

...for information on how to convert (or upgrade) your version 8 family file so it can be used with Reunion 11.

Note: if you are unsure as to how to get your version 8 files to your MacBook Pro, please see this web page for suggestions...

Since you will be transferring Reunion 8 files, you may want to look for them in your Applications/Reunion 8 folder on your iMac. (That was the default location for Reunion 8 and its associated files. However, you could have kept them in another location.)

Yes. Please see this FAQ...

I hope you find this information helpful
      Thanks for this info, Deb!
      I'll carefully read through these links. However, if I encounter problems, where should I seek help?

Comment

Thanks for this info, Deb!
        I'll carefully read through these links. However, if I encounter problems, where should I seek help?
        Click on the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of this ReunionTalk web page for contact information.
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Working...
        X