This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc: Events

In the last throes getting my data from FTMM3 to Reunion. How do I set up the gedcom from FTMM3 so that the Social Security Number imports as an event rather than as a Misc: Event?

Re: Misc: Events

Originally posted by JamesWinfrey View Post
    In the last throes getting my data from FTMM3 to Reunion. How do I set up the gedcom from FTMM3 so that the Social Security Number imports as an event rather than as a Misc: Event?
    Out of curiosity, is the Social Security Number the only thing that imports as a Misc: Event?

Or, do other types of information import with the same field name?
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Out of curiosity, is the Social Security Number the only thing that imports as a Misc: Event?

Or, do other types of information import with the same field name?
      Deb, thanks for getting back to me. SSN and all Alt events (name, birth, death, etc) are imported as Misc:

To make it simpler, here is a segment of a gedcom export from FTMM3 of the SSN event. Please let me know if you see the problem.

2 TYPE Soc Sec Num
      2 DATE BEF 1951
      2 PLAC Virginia, USA
      2 SOUR @S1127@
      3 PAGE Number: 224-10-7624; Issue State: Virginia; Issue Date: Before 1951;

Thanks, Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWinfrey View Post
        Deb, thanks for getting back to me. SSN and all Alt events (name, birth, death, etc) are imported as Misc:

To make it simpler, here is a segment of a gedcom export from FTMM3 of the SSN event. Please let me know if you see the problem.

2 TYPE Soc Sec Num
        2 DATE BEF 1951
        2 PLAC Virginia, USA...
        I don't know how to go about making the change in FTMM3. (Perhaps someone else can offer advice on working with FTMM3.)

However, it is possible to make the change in the GEDCOM file.

You would change...

2 TYPE Soc Sec Num

...to...

1 _SSN

...for each of the social security numbers found in the GEDCOM file.

Then, before importing the GEDCOM file into Reunion, define a new "Soc Sec Num" Event field in Reunion and assign "_SSN" as the GEDCOM tag for that field.

Information on how to define your own Event fields in Reunion can be found by searching for "new field" in your manual. To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents.

Note: the other events which import as Misc: Event would have to be handled separately.

I hope you find this information helpful
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X