FamilyFile 11 location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FamilyFile 11 location

I see that Reunion 11 has placed my converted FamilyFile 11 in my iCloud/Documents folder so it is both on my local HD and in iCloud. Is this the equivalent of having it reside in DropBox? Will the mobile Reunion apps for iPad and iPhone be able to access the FamilyFile in iCloud?
    Researching: Wrightson, Birmingham, MacIntyre/McIntyre, Porter, Winters

Re: FamilyFile 11 location

Originally posted by fwrightson View Post
    I see that Reunion 11 has placed my converted FamilyFile 11 in my iCloud/Documents folder so it is both on my local HD and in iCloud.
    This is actually the result of changes that Apple has made -- Reunion 11, by default, saves your family file to:

Documents/Reunion Files/

It just so happens that Apple has changed how iCloud works such that the above folder can be part of your iCloud Drive. You can read more about this change here; that article also includes details on turning this feature off (all the way at the bottom of the page).

Is this the equivalent of having it reside in DropBox?
    No, Dropbox and iCloud are two different "cloud" services.

Will the mobile Reunion apps for iPad and iPhone be able to access the FamilyFile in iCloud?
    No, for a variety of reasons iCloud is not supported by Reunion 11/ReunionTouch. Only Dropbox can be used to sync between your Mac and iOS devices.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X