Adding biological mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding biological mother

I'm using Reunion 11.0.11 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.3.

I had a child linked to who I thought were the child's biological parents. I subsequently found out that the child was adopted by those same parents. So, from within the family card of the child, I added a new (biological) mother, ie. + > Add new mother.

The biological mother seemed to be added. I can find the biological mother in the index, then when I navigate to the biological mother's family card, I can see she has a child.

When I navigate to the child's family card (from within the biological mother's family card), the child's family card displays the adoptive parents. There is no indicator that I have also added the biological mother, and therefore the only way I can navigate back to the biological mother, it seems, is to look up the biological mother via the index.

So far as I recall, from within a person's family card, there used to be some kind of indication of two sets of parents.

I've rebuilt the cache files, no change.

Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing ?
    Last edited by Steven; 04 September 2017, 08:01 AM.

Re: Adding biological mother

Please pardon me if you've already tried this.

- Navigate to the child's Family View, where his adoptive parents are shown above him.

- Click on the gray/red triangle in the upper right corner of his box/button.

- Select Parents from the popup menu.

- You can then navigate to either set of parents, or edit the parents to include choosing which set to display when you're in the child's family view.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ttl; 26 February 2017, 09:00 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks Tim.

Now I don't know why I didn't see that previously. I think I may have been trying to navigate via the triangles on display within each of the parents boxes, instead of the triangle alongside the child's name. But yes, if within the child herself I go triangle > Parents, then I see both sets.

BUT ... isn't that triangle suppose to show red or something? There used to be some kind of visual clue that a child was linked to more than one set of parents.

Comment

It'll turn red if there are multiple spouses, but not for multiple parents.
        Tim Lundin

Comment

In which case, I propose to Leister Productions, Inc, that the existence of multiple parents should be made obvious from within the Family View. Some kind of visual indicator, without having to click and drag twice to the Parents menu in order to find out.

I'm almost certain this used to be the case in a prior version of Reunion.

Comment

This would be best posted in the Wish List forum.
            Tim Lundin

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Tim. I've done so - Wish List > Visual indicator for multiple parents.

Comment

Working...
              X