This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect relationships

I have just added the marriage of cousin of my grandfather's; this involved actually adding her husband; there were no children to that marriage so that was all bar a few details.

This seems to have led to a sister of the same cousin becoming my 6th gt-grandmother and to be categorised as a direct line ancestor, certainly that is what she now is on the file. I have followed her descendants down to see if in any way this leads to me but Tree View clearly shows that this does not happen, the people all belong to the right parents.

I have completely cleared all direct line bold and all relationships and then reinstated both, with me as the source person. Again this incorrect relationship and bold direct line identifiers appear.

I am now thoroughly confused. Any suggestions?

Reunion 10.0.2. Mac OS 10.7.4.

Tim Powys-Lybbe
    tim@powys.org http://powys.org

Re: Incorrect relationships

Tim,

Please e-mail us (help@leisterpro.com) this file with details on the individuals involved, so that we can try to duplicate it here and see if there is a bug we need to fix.

Thanks!
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Tim,

Please e-mail us (help@leisterpro.com) this file with details on the individuals involved, so that we can try to duplicate it here and see if there is a bug we need to fix.

Thanks!
      I have zipped and e-mailed the file. Please let me know if it does not get through as it is rather large and might hit one or two buffers on the way. If there is a problem, I can put it on my website.

Tim
      tim@powys.org http://powys.org

Comment

I have also observed what appear to be strange relationships behavior in 10.0.3. For example,

1) The spouse of my 4C1R is shown as "spouse of 5th cousin". And a spouse of a 3C2R is shown as Spouse of 4C1R (although it's possible I'm related to both and it's choosing the wrong individual). Are 4C1Rs actually 5th cousins, etc?

2) Reunion has issued a strange age plausibility alert, maybe 4 times so far. When entering "Billy"'s DOB, before I can move to the POB field, Reunion issues an alert to the effect that "'Billy' was less than 12 years old when [his nephew, not a child or spouse] was born."

I'd gladly go away if someone can point to a 'known issues' list.....
        -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
        MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
        MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Reitz View Post
          The spouse of my 4C1R is shown as "spouse of 5th cousin".
          Make sure you have 10.0.3 installed and recalculate relationships. If the problem persists, send us an e-mail with your Family File attached and details on the individuals involved.

2) Reunion has issued a strange age plausibility alert, maybe 4 times so far.
          We are aware of this bug and are looking into a fix.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Make sure you have 10.0.3 installed and recalculate relationships. If the problem persists, send us an e-mail with your Family File attached and details on the individuals involved.
            I'm using 10.0.3, have recalculated relationships again after clearing fields. It's still showing the spouse of a 3C2R as "spouse of 4C1R". I'll send the file.

-Paul
            -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
            MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
            MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Working...
            X