This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening a Reunion File

When I open a Reunion file from a Finder window the Reunion window appears behind the Finder window. How can I get the Reunion window to appear on top? I thought I had seen a preference that covers this situation somewhere, but I can't find it now.
    Robin.
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Re: Opening a Reunion File

Originally posted by Robin Helmond View Post
    When I open a Reunion file from a Finder window the Reunion window appears behind the Finder window. How can I get the Reunion window to appear on top? I thought I had seen a preference that covers this situation somewhere, but I can't find it now.
    That's strange, a document or application should always come to the front when opened--there's no preference for that behaviour.

How are you opening the document? If you're doubling clicking, maybe there's an extra click happening which causes the Finder to come back to the front.
    Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Re: Opening a Reunion File

Darn that third click! Happens easily on the Magic Mouse.

Another solution would be to put the icon for your main family file in the dock. Personally, I use a contextual menu modifier program and have my often used files in its main level for very quick access. I use FinderPop (http://www.finderpop.com/) but there are several other programs that do the same thing.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Working...
      X