This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want Edit person and Family View open at same time

When you click on Edit Person, the program rolls to a new window, and the Family View is then hidden.
    What I want is to continue to view the Family View at the same time for reference, or for copy/pasting information. Now I have to go back and forth, and it is very irritating and time consuming. Is there a way to work around this now? If it is only going to end up on a wish list, well I may seriously consider reverting to Reunion 9.

The other feature I don't love is the History button. I used to be able to click through the recent history, now I have to open that History window and select them one at a time - irritating.
    Last edited by Frank; 20 July 2012, 07:11 PM.

Re: Want Edit person and Family View open at same time

Originally posted by Carole Gardner View Post
    The other feature I don't love is the History button. I used to be able to click through the recent history, now I have to open that History window and select them one at a time - irritating.
    Do you mean, you can't click back through the history in the same order; e.g. if you looked at person A, then B, then C, the history doesn't lead you back via C -> B -> A. If this is what you mean, then it is a problem that I have noticed as well, it's extremely cumbersome. However, it seems not recognised as such at Leister's yet - maybe it's platform specific. I'm using OS 10.5 on a PowerPC G4 PowerBook.
    Theo W. Steenbergen
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Focus: Friesland, Overijssel, Drenthe

Comment

Originally posted by Metheo View Post
      Do you mean, you can't click back through the history in the same order; e.g. if you looked at person A, then B, then C, the history doesn't lead you back via C -> B -> A. If this is what you mean, then it is a problem that I have noticed as well, it's extremely cumbersome. However, it seems not recognised as such at Leister's yet - maybe it's platform specific. I'm using OS 10.5 on a PowerPC G4 PowerBook.
      Yes, that is what I meant. You can do it in Reunion 9, but not in 10.

Comment

When you click on Edit Person, the program rolls to a new window, and the Family View is then hidden.
        What I want is to continue to view the Family View at the same time for reference, or for copy/pasting information. Now I have to go back and forth, and it is very irritating and time consuming. Is there a way to work around this now? If it is only going to end up on a wish list, well I may seriously consider reverting to Reunion 9.
        I miss having the family card viewable when editing as well, but if you want a workaround, something that may serve is to have the sidebar set for people or relatives, and then open it as a separate list window. You can customize the columns to show pretty much whatever you want.

The triangles to the left and right of the home button at the bottom of the window serve the same purpose as the back and forward buttons in Reunion 9. If they are not working, have you tried using the Rebuild Cache Files function in the File menu?
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
          The triangles to the left and right of the home button at the bottom of the window serve the same purpose as the back and forward buttons in Reunion 9. If they are not working, have you tried using the Rebuild Cache Files function in the File menu?
          OK, Thanks for this info on the triangles by the home button - It was one of those Non-intuitive items. But it works exactly as you said. I Still want to have Edit Person and Family views open at the same time for reference, even though I would only be able to change info in the edit window as it was in Reunion 9.
          Last edited by Frank; 20 July 2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I Still want to have Edit Person and Family views open at the same time for reference, even though I would only be able to change info in the edit window as it was in Reunion 9.
            I so agree with this. I really miss being able to see the Family View especially when I'm adding something to one spouse and wish to see what I have for the other.
            Sara Bradley Mason
            kywiaz at gmail dot com

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant. You can do it in Reunion 9, but not in 10.
              I have this problem of not going backward "C -> B -> A" also. I'm up to date with 10.0.3 and running it on a Mac Pro 2.93 GHZ with OS X 10.6.8

I'm also hate not having the "Cancel" button in the Edit Person window. I have made mistakes, like hitting the "Delete Event" button by mistake, wanting to hit the "Remove Source" button and a Command "Z" does not do and undo. There is no way to go back to the original entries and start over. I've lost data because of my mistakes and no Undo.
              Ron Gephart

Comment

Originally posted by Metheo View Post
                Platform refers to Mac, Windows, Linux, etc... You actually mean version. Reunion 10 "should behave exactly the same" on any Intel based Mac running version 10.5 or newer. Those two little black triangles behave for me precisely as the large green arrows did in Reunion 9. They never switched between views; they switched forward and backward between viewed family cards and still do. One thing that I did notice in the dialogue is that the people saying it doesn't work right are on 10.6 or 10.5.

Yes, I prefer the separate Edit Person window we got up until v.9 but I have gotten used to working without it. Frank has explained the reasoning on the lack of "cancel" and, while I fully understand, I still yearn for cancel/command-Z.
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gephart View Post
                  I have this problem of not going backward "C -> B -> A" also. I'm up to date with 10.0.3 and running it on a Mac Pro 2.93 GHZ with OS X 10.6.8
                  Please send us an e-mail with your family file and, if possible, steps taken before the problem presents itself -- e.g. who's cards you navigate between, how you're navigating (the people list or clicking name buttons), etc.

Let's try to keep threads on-topic, please. If you have comments/problems not related to the issues presented in the original post please start a separate thread, send us an e-mail, or post in an existing thread relevant to the issue. Thanks
                  Mark Harrison
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X