X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion Special Interest Groups

Attn: Chicagoland Reunion Users:
    CAGGNI - The Computer Assisted Genealogy Group of Northern Illinois is starting a Special Interest Group for Reunion users. The first meeting will be

11 Aug 2012, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM

, Schaumburg, IL

Please come!

See CAGGNI website for more information - http://caggni.shuttlepod.org/

I am the facilitator for this new SIG and am interested in knowing whether there are any other Reunion user groups around the country and
    what your format is, what works in meetings, what doesn't, etc.
    Any helpful information would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Marscha

Re: Reunion Special Interest Groups

We have a group in the Sacramento area. We meet monthly on a Wednesday morning in a classroom at the local LDS Family History Center. The organization is quite informal. One gent usually but not always leads the meetings. Another keeps a list and sends reminder emails to anyone on the list. There are no dues. A couple of regulars have projectors to put Reunion up on the screen. Content is whatever the members want to talk about.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      We have a group in the Sacramento area. We meet monthly on a Wednesday morning in a classroom at the local LDS Family History Center. The organization is quite informal. One gent usually but not always leads the meetings. Another keeps a list and sends reminder emails to anyone on the list. There are no dues. A couple of regulars have projectors to put Reunion up on the screen. Content is whatever the members want to talk about.
      Thanks for the info, Bob.
      Anyone else know of any other such user groups?
      Marscha

Comment

There are at least three in the San Francisco Bay Area and maybe more:
        1. Macintosh Subgroup (read Reunion) of the Silicon Valley Computer Genealogy Group http://svcgg.org. Meets the 2nd Saturday at 9am at the Santa Clara Family History Center, California.

2. Genealogy Subgroup (read Reunion) of the Diablo Valley Macintosh Group http://dvmug.org that meets on the 4th Wed. at 10am at the DVMUG Clubhouse in Pleasant Hill, California

3. MacGen Society http://macgen.org (read Reunion) that meets monthly on the 4th Saturday at 1:30pm at the Oakland Family Search Library, in Oakland, California.

All 3 groups discuss Reunion as a main topic at every meeting. Leisterpro has supported these groups with sets of example charts to encourage chart-making.
        Bill George
        http://www.billgeorge.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Bob will your group be meeting on 8/8? I will be in Sacramento that day?

Does anybody know of a SIG in southern Cal, LA or Orange County?
          Last edited by ladyshopteacher; 25 July 2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: adding
          Evelyn Lee
          Ladyshopteacher@gmail.com

Comment

Is there a list of groups anywhere available? If not any in the UK?
            Andrew Allsop

Comment

"Thanks for the info, Bob.
              Anyone else know of any other such user groups?
              Marscha"

We have a Genealogy Special Interest Group in the North Coast Mac Users Group in Santa Rosa. The Genealogy SIG meets the second Saturday of most months at St. James parish Center, 125 Sonoma Mountain Parkway in Petaluma, CA. I chair the meetings which start at 10 a.m. and run until about noon. Most of our members are using Reunion. If you are interested in attending, drop me a note - GenSIG@ncmug.org
              Wayne Till

Comment

Originally posted by Allsop View Post
                Is there a list of groups anywhere available? If not any in the UK?
                I'd really like to hear of any groups/gatherings in the UK also - though I suspect there aren't any. For instance, I know that the Society of Genealogists run several training sessions of other applications i.e Master Genealogist & Family Historian but nothing on Reunion.
                Keith Bage
                BAGE One-Name Study,
                www.bage.org.uk
                GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

There as far as I know two users here, and we have met informally several times.

Perhaps we qualify as the worlds smallest User group, but hey, that's Island life for you
                  Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

I haven't been able to find any Aussie groups either

Comment

I don't know of any in Ireland, but if there is one I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyshopteacher View Post
                        Bob will your group be meeting on 8/8? I will be in Sacramento that day?.....
                        No. Our meeting is on the fourth Wednesday of each month. We just met yesterday.
                        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Hedge and more
                        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
                          While not in Aussie, we do run meetings in Dunedin, NZ, as and when required - would have them even more regularly if someone other than me organised them

I'm happy to attend, talk, demonstrate, explore with users, but I'm not that good at organising them.

Comment

Does anybody know of a SIG in southern Cal, LA or Orange County?[/QUOTE]

I would love to know of a group in SoCal. I'm in LA County, but just barely. We are on the Ventura County line. I would travel to attend a SIG!

Comment

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
                              Yes, There is an Aussi Group in Victoria - Reunion/Generations (RAGUG) details on webpage http://vicgum.asn.au/otheractivities.html
                              There is also a group facebook page!
                              Meg

Comment

Working...
                              X