X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing "Source" person in Family View

HI,

My father is listed as the Grandson in Family View. I would like to change him to the "Source" person. How do I do that?

Thank you,

Patrick

Re: Changing "Source" person in Family View

Originally posted by Patrick923 View Post
    HI,

My father is listed as the Grandson in Family View. I would like to change him to the "Source" person. How do I do that?

Thank you,

Patrick
    Hi Patrick,

drag the person you would like as the "Source" person to the little home button in family view, see the help file:
    "The home family is the family that appears when you open a family file. To go back home, click the Home button on the bottom bar. (Some folks refer to this as the home page or the home person.)

There are several ways to designate a person's record as home...

Drag a person's button to the Home button in the bottom bar.
    You can also drag any name from any sidebar or List window and drop them on the Home button.
    When you're at the desired family, Option-click the Home button in the bottom bar.
    Use the Startup Preferences to designate the current family as home.
    If you delete the family currently designated as home, Reunion will use family ID #1 as the new home. ID numbers are explained here.

When you close a family file and the last person/couple you were looking at was not the home family, Reunion will remember that particular family. The next time you open the family file, you can click the Back button (immediately after opening the family file) to show that family."
    Andrew Allsop

Comment

Allsop has provided a good answer to a different question - the home family. If what you want to change is the source person for relationships, then go to his card, click his little triangle, and choose 'find relatives'.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
        Allsop has provided a good answer to a different question - the home family. If what you want to change is the source person for relationships, then go to his card, click his little triangle, and choose 'find relatives'.
        Thanks for correcting me Michael, its the old problem of not interpreting the question correctly that did me in school exams many years ago!
        Andrew Allsop

Comment

Thanks very much for all of the replies as I've learned a lot about version 10 by taking a closer look at my family's converted version 10 files with your comments in mind.

I've now converted my web site to version ten as well and am making some adjustments with the CSS color settings just for the fun of it.

This is a great upgrade and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It didn't take long for me to get comfortable with the new interface of version ten, but there are a lot of new features under the hood that I have yet to explore and I'm looking forward to that.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
            You can also go to the person's card, click on the name, and drag it to the left menu on top of Relatives. Release, and voila, the person is now the Source person.

Comment

Originally posted by lmarker View Post
              You can also go to the person's card, click on the name, and drag it to the left menu on top of Relatives. Release, and voila, the person is now the Source person.
              Very cool - Very easy. I like it. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X