This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source Autofill

I have searched the archives, and autofill seems to be a 'love-hate' issue. I like autofill myself, but recognize not everyone does.

I would like my source fields to autofill for me. For example, if I have several census records from the same place, for example, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, I would like the field to autofill when I start to enter information, in a manner similar to birth, death, etc. in the Family View.

Is this possible? Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Warren

Re: Source Autofill

Originally posted by Warren White View Post
    I have searched the archives, and autofill seems to be a 'love-hate' issue. I like autofill myself, but recognize not everyone does.

I would like my source fields to autofill for me. For example, if I have several census records from the same place, for example, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, I would like the field to autofill when I start to enter information, in a manner similar to birth, death, etc. in the Family View.

Is this possible? Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Warren
    Find the source you want to copy, DUPLICATE it, then modify to suit the new record.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Re: Source Autofill

Thank you for the reply, but that isn't what I am looking for.

I may have several places where, for example Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA is used as a place in sources. (That is just one example.) I know i can cut and paste, but what I am looking for is an automatic autofill from a list built internally by Reunion. For example, in the Family Card view, if I have a previous place entry that included Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA, as soon as I begin typing the entry, Reunion gives me the choice of accepting what I have previously typed in as a place. No need to cut and paste, I just select the appropriate entry from the drop-down menu that appears.

I hope I have explained this.... perhaps not.

Warren

Comment

Working...
      X