This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Relationships Not Identified?

I saw this topic mentioned in another thread but there was no response. so...

For better or worse, a lot of my research involves individuals that are often related in multiple ways. For instance, a married couple might be second cousins through one line, and third cousins through another. These relationships are often identified via marriage dispensations granted by the Catholic church.

However, Reunion only appears to identify the closest relationship. So, for the couple used in the example above, they would be listed as second cousins but not as third cousins, either in the name bar or in the relative list in the sidebar. Or, at least, this has been my experience to-date.

What I would like to know is whether or not this is, in fact, the case. Does Reunion only identify the first and closest relationship between two people? If so, why?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple Relationships Not Identified?

Originally posted by Dan MacDonald View Post
    Does Reunion only identify the first and closest relationship between two people? If so, why?
    The closest relationship is the one used in the sidebar and most places you choose to have it displayed. If you want a comprehensive list of the multiple ways two people are related, go to the Find function in the navbar (Command-F). The center portion has a section titled "Find relationship between two people". If you use it, you can cycle through all the relationships, and easily create a chart for each if you like.

Why? I suspect it's to save space.

But note: if there is a blood relationship, relationship by marriage will *not* be reported, so you can use this for consanguinity, but not affinity.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Multiple Relationships Not Identified?

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X