This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People sidebar search box

It is extremely useful to be able to enter a surname in the People sidebar search box and have displayed all people with that surname. It works even when the surname is prefixed with de as in "de Clare" for example.

However I find it does not work for surnames that begin with d' such as "d'Aubigny".

I acknowledge that this is a minor flaw but it would be good if it could be changed as part of a future release.

Re: People sidebar search box

Originally posted by Chris Perry View Post
    It is extremely useful to be able to enter a surname in the People sidebar search box and have displayed all people with that surname... However I find it does not work for surnames that begin with d' such as "d'Aubigny".
    I think you
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks Dennis,

I now feel a bit foolish but you're right dAubigny works. I could have sworn I'd tried that but obviously not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Perry View Post
        I now feel a bit foolish but you're right dAubigny works.
        I wouldn't feel foolish: it's not an obvious thing to try. My trouble is that I often try to do the same thing in the Finder, where it *doesn't* work.

Here's foolish: allowing my glass of soda and my cat near my keyboard simultaneously.
        But I like the new keyboard just fine
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X