This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descendants Chart

I just made a Descendants Chart that starts with my GGGGGGGGG grandfather and ends with my son's son. 16 People. It looks nice. All the grandfathers, a nice line of men. It will take 6 pages if I try to print it as it crosses pages as it goes down. Right through the boxes with the data. It is useless as it is. Can this be modified?

I'll try to attach it.
    Attached Files

Re: Descendants Chart

To move the boxes off page breaks, just go to the Tree menu in the chart editor and select "Move Boxes Off Page Breaks."
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
      I just made a Descendants Chart that starts with my GGGGGGGGG grandfather and ends with my son's son. 16 People. It looks nice.
      That particular chart, without much branching, might look nicer if you change the orientation to "Top to Bottom" rather than "Waterfall". Try it, then "Move Boxes off Page Breaks" and enjoy.
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Another option is to have the chart displayed in one large page. Figure out how big the chart is by pressing CMD "I" after creating the chart. Then adjust the Page Size by clicking "File", "Page Setup", "Paper Size", "Manage Custom Sizes" and adjust to suit. If you choose a size that a local print shop like Costco can handle, e.g. 20" x 30" or 17" x 20", a nice chart can be printed on paper/card stock of your choice, that will look terrific. After setting the page size, continue to tweak your masterpiece by clicking "Tree", "Orientation" and playing with the many options. Then, of course, drag photos onto the chart to make it "pop". The new chart features in Reunion 10, like box color gradients and corner treatments, improve the charts greatly from R9. I notice that Costco wants customers to provide JPG files. Click on "File", "Save Graphic File" and choose "Jpeg" file format.

I hope this helps.
        Bill George
        http://www.billgeorge.com

Comment

A word of caution about using jpeg format for printing. In many cases, the output will look decent, but to have the output look its best, it's better to stay away from the rasterized image formats like jpeg, which convert the smooth geometric font definitions in Reunion to collections of pixels. This becomes a bigger issue as the font size gets smaller.

I'd recommend sticking with PDF format if you prefer to use a local printer for large format output. Best of all in my opinion is to print from the native Reunion chart file, and I can think of one place that does a good job with that.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
          X