This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes that apply to two or more people?

Example: Mother and son travel by ship from A to B. Manifest has info on both. Entered in note for one, but how to attach to the other? Same source too

So how do you apply a note made in one person's record apply also to another person? Or attach a source to two people at once?
    Bonnie Samuel
    Research: Samuel, Gillan, Roper, McClure, Samuell, Windfuhr, Windgassen in NC, KY, IL, KS, Ireland, Germany.

Re: Notes that apply to two or more people?

Originally posted by BL Samuel View Post
    Example: Mother and son travel by ship from A to B. Manifest has info on both. Entered in note for one, but how to attach to the other? Same source too

So how do you apply a note made in one person's record apply also to another person? Or attach a source to two people at once?
    The answer is that you just do it! There is no mystery to it at all. A note or event can be used for multiple people. I frequently copy and paste notes between several people, if they apply to both or all of them. As for the source, when you copy the note info, go to the Add Source button in the lower left corner of the window and choose the appropriate source from the list. (Or add it from the Source sidebar or window if it was used a while before.)

Hope that helps you!
    Kathy
    Reunion 13
    MacBook Air, Mac OS 13.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy C View Post
      <snip>As for the source, when you copy the note info, go to the Add Source button in the lower left corner of the window and choose the appropriate source from the list. (Or add it from the Source sidebar or window if it was used a while before.)

Hope that helps you!
      Actually, if you highlight and copy the note, be sure to include the small colored source number at the end of the note. It will then take the source info with it when you paste it into another note space. I use this a lot with my Find A Grave info added to the note space. I keep different scenarios for FG on my Sticky Notes. Since I copied these scenarios from an actual note, they come with the source number. So, when I copy and paste from the Sticky Notes, voila, there is the source also!

Hope this is clear and helpful.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

You can also copy and paste whole events complete with source - create the first instance of the event, and add its source. Save that person record and then reopen it, and you can highlight the whole event line, press Command C to copy it and then paste it into other person's records.

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
        X