This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentences "compressedwithoutspaces"

After importing FTM's latest version into Reunion 9 and immediately upgrading to Reunion 10, some words and some sentences in the Personal Notes are compressedlikethis. Is there an easy way to make those corrections in one fell swoop? I have 15,000 people in one file.

Thanks so much for your helpfulness! Kindest regards, Cynthia

Re: Sentences "compressedwithoutspaces"

Originally posted by Cynthia View Post
    After importing FTM's latest version into Reunion 9 and immediately upgrading to Reunion 10, some words and some sentences in the Personal Notes are compressedlikethis. Is there an easy way to make those corrections in one fell swoop? I have 15,000 people in one file.

Thanks so much for your helpfulness! Kindest regards, Cynthia
    Cynthia, FTM is not very careful what it does to Notes. I suspect the compressedlikethis notes were imported into Reunion 9 that way then moved into Reunion 10. Reunion does have a great spell checker and editor but you will have to do them one at a time.

If you have access to Rootsmagic, it has an automatic spell checker and editor. It still does one note at at time but it finds the note files for you and handles them one after the other.

Jim

Comment

It might be easier to create a gedcom and then run a spell checker on it. That way, all notes would be in the same file. A gedcom is a text file. You'll still need to do them one at a time, but they'd all be in one place. Then import. I don't envy the 'job' you have ahead of you.
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
        It might be easier to create a gedcom and then run a spell checker on it. That way, all notes would be in the same file. A gedcom is a text file. You'll still need to do them one at a time, but they'd all be in one place. Then import. I don't envy the 'job' you have ahead of you.
        I'd do it a little bit differently
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
        X