This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage to the same person

How do you note this? I have two people who married, divorced each other, them remarried each other at a later date.

Re: Marriage to the same person

Originally posted by Ray Farm View Post
    How do you note this? I have two people who married, divorced each other, them remarried each other at a later date.
    I have something like this myself. My parents divorced and each remarried, though not to each other. My mother divorced her second husband, married a third, then later remarried the second. Fun, huh?

In Reunion 10, click on the + for either of the people and choose Add Spouse from the Sidebar. Then you can choose the existing spouse. I didn't actually test doing this just now, so there are likely some prompts or something that will ask you to confirm creating a duplicate Family View for this same couple.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

The solution in reunion 10 differs than reunion 9, but just slightly. If the two people who married and divorced and then married someone else, divorced the second person, and remarried the first person, you can drag from the sidebar, as long as the middle marriage is on the family screen. If the couple married, divorced, and then re-married to each other, reunion has blinders (I hope they fix it) and you can't just drag and drop. You have to create a dummy second spouse (it can be deleted afterwards), and from that fake family page you can drag and drop the actual re-married spouse onto the other. [Reunion 9 didn't care and allowed multiple drag and drops]
      Eli Savada
      Bethesda MD

Reunion 14, M3 iMac

Comment

Thanks Eli, it worked.

R10.04, Reunion for iPhone, iMac, & MacBook Pro; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
        X