This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating 'Unknown" dates for death

I have a lot of ancestors from the early 1100-1200s. While there is frequently birth data available, death information is pretty scarce. While I could go thru and put in an estimated date based on their birth date, life spans were much different in those days. What I'd like is a choice in the dates as 'Unknown' that indicates I've searched, but not found the data as yet. While it isn't actually providing any extra information on the individual, it does prevent them as showing up as '840 years of age' or similar. I can do it as the program is now, but it requires several steps, as it is rejected the first time you add it, then you have to indicate you want to save it. I'd like some type of standardized choice that would be accepted by Reunion 10 on input. Having no date shown in reports is correct, but I don't get the crazy ages shown on the Family View and reports that look like I haven't even tried to find the information.

Does anyone else have this problem and how are you dealing with it?

Re: Creating 'Unknown" dates for death

Hi Lynda,

If you enter a ? into the death date field, Reunion will accept it (without complaint) and will stop calculating an age for the person.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

If you go to Preferences>Dates>Feasibility Checking, you can choose the age at which people are no longer considered living. My setting is 110, which I think is probably the default.

In the family view, if there's no death date and the birth date is over 110 years ago, the age is listed as "?"
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Hi Lynda,

If you enter a ? into the death date field, Reunion will accept it (without complaint) and will stop calculating an age for the person.
        Thanks Mark, that's just what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X