This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make report showing all MM file filenames

How can I make a text file that shows all MM file names?

The Help file talks about a Build Multimedia Usage Report button, but I do not see it in the Reports>Multimedia Usage area.

Thanks.

Paul

Re: Make report showing all MM file filenames

After selecting Reports > Multimedia Usage from the Navbar, you'll see either the report itself OR if you've got a very large family file, you'll see a button called "Build Multimedia Usage Report."

Per the manual...

"The Multimedia Usage report is an "instant" report. I.e., it appears instantly in the center panel of Reunion's window (although for very large family files with lots of multimedia items, it will present a Build Multimedia Usage Report button to be clicked).
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I have a large family file with "lots" of multimedia items (903).

At what point does reunion show the button?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LCC View Post
        At what point does reunion show the button?
        Reunion tries to build this report and display it instantly. If Reunion determines that building this report will take too long, it stops trying to build the report and simply shows the button.

Many factors impact the time needed to create this report (machine speed, hard drive speed, family file size.) If you don't see the button you're looking at the complete report.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

So, how can I get a text file from reunion that lists all of my mm files?

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LCC View Post
            So, how can I get a text file from reunion that lists all of my mm files?
            Click the Share button at the bottom of the window. Share buttons appear under many of the lists and reports in Reunion.

You might want to take some time to watch the first 2 videos on Reunion 10 found on this page...
            Last edited by Frank; 26 November 2012, 09:55 AM.
            Gregg Witmer
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks a million.

Paul

Comment

Excellent answers and explanation of the Multi Media (MM) report! I checked my MM report and lo and behold, 7 of my 960 pictures were listed in my "trash" folder. I noticed some photos that were in Desktop folders. Also noticed I had a photo named the same in two different folders that Reunion MM report highlighted by putting them in italics. I cleaned all of this up, so my MM report is very clean now. Being able to sort the MM Report by the various column headings was also very helpful. Also noticed that if a Reunion database is open to MM I'm working on, "moving" MM files will be picked up by Reunion MM automatically. So, when I moved some Reunion Images to the Trash, Reunion automatically re-pointed to the trash folder and kept the MM file. This is a good thing to know. Used purposely, logical moving of folders and files can be easily accomplished and then reviewed in the MM report. Kudos to the design of Reunion MM and to this v10 ReunionTalk Forum! [I do not use iPhoto with Reunion, which I think, makes MM files easier to track].
                Bill George
                http://www.billgeorge.com

Comment

Working...
                X