Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with media pages in web project.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with media pages in web project.

I am am using web projects to post my family history online for the first time. When I view my file in Safari (not online yet) the pictures in media pages are often too large and are left-justified (extend to the right beyond the Reunion frame.) I read in the manual that the pictures would automatically be resized, but that does not seem to be happening. It seems that in many cases, but not all, the pictures that are too large are oriented horizontally(landscape). At the very least, I would like them to be center justified. Any ideas?
    Last edited by lrberbach; 23 February 2013, 09:26 AM. Reason: error: left-justified, not right.
    http://www.reedandberbachfamilies.com/
    Reed, Berbach, Sprung, Ralbovsky, Delamater, Rankie, Brownell

Re: Need help with images in web project.

Originally posted by lrberbach View Post
    I am am using web projects to post my family history online for the first time. When I view my file in Safari (not online yet) the pictures in media pages are often too large and are left-justified (extend to the right beyond the Reunion frame.) I read in the manual that the pictures would automatically be resized, but that does not seem to be happening. It seems that in many cases, but not all, the pictures that are too large are oriented horizontally(landscape). At the very least, I would like them to be center justified. Any ideas?
    I posted the following in February 2013, but didn't get any answers. Does anyone else have this problem? Will my images resize when actually uploaded to the Internet? Many images don't resize correctly when viewed in a web browser.
    Last edited by Deb; 15 October 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Re: Need help with media pages in web project.

Hi,

What format are you using for the Web Project (Reunion -> Preferences... , Web, Style)? And do you have it uploaded somewhere that we could take a look at it?

Thanks,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Mark: I am using "Brown Home" as a style. My project is in Dropbox and I can share it with you if you will point me to an email address.
        Thank you for responding to my cry for help!

Comment

Hi,

You can send a link to it to our Tech Support e-mail, help@leisterpro.com

Thanks!
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Problem solved! Thank you so much, Mark, for your timely and accurate "fix"!

Comment

Good to hear that your problem is fixed.

Last month I received a few questions from Dutch Users about 'How to put Web project' on DropBox.
              I have a lot of experience with Reunion and webproject, but NOT in combination with DropBox.
              Simple dragging the WebProject (tried the normal and also the flat project) to the DropBox folder, does not proper work (working with R 10.0.6; Mac OX 10.6.8; last version of DropBox).
              Also making a Public folder and put the WebProject on to it does not work correct.
              Can anybody (perhaps one of the Leister support) on the forum give the exact steps how to put a web project on DropBox, so that it can be read with another Mac or iPad.
              Perhaps an item for a small explanation in the Manual ?

Frans van Bodegom
              Dutch Reunion User Group
              Frans van Bodegom
              Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by fjvanbodegom View Post
                ... Can anybody (perhaps one of the Leister support) on the forum give the exact steps how to put a web project on DropBox, so that it can be read with another Mac or iPad...
                Here's what I did...
                1. Create the web project folder in Reunion 10.
                2. Drag the web project folder to the Dropbox/Public folder.
                3. Open the web project folder, Control-click the xyz.TOC file, and select "Copy Public Link"
                4. Post/share the resulting link.
                That's what I did with the 4th web project example on this page...

Frank Leister
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Frank,
                  Works okay. Thought I did the same procedure, but its evident that anyhow, I made a mistake.
                  Thanks
                  Frans van Bodegom
                  Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by lrberbach View Post
                    Problem solved! Thank you so much, Mark, for your timely and accurate "fix"!
                    What was the solution? I'm having a similar problem: Web Card Project won't open in Safari or Dropbox
                    Last edited by Joseph Villafane; 04 March 2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Here's what I did...
                      3. Open the web project folder, Control-click the xyz.TOC file, and select "Copy Public Link"

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/version10/webpub.php
                      Thank-you so very much for this information!

I don't have a web site but this is such a great way to share the family tree with the rest of the family.

In your Census Notes, what do the various initials stand for? i.e. TN, VA, etc
                      Last edited by Deb; 08 March 2014, 08:14 PM.
                      I have a MAC OSX 10.9.1
                      Using Reunion 10
                      Safari

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                        Here's what I did...

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/version10/webpub.php
                        Ive tried several times and cannot get this to work. Can someone comment on what other action I need to take in Reunion or DropBox?
                        Delbert Curlin
                        Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
                        Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

This is a screen shot of what your Dropbox folder should look like once you have dragged your Web Page from the Web Folder in Reunion. The wc_toc.htm file is the one you ctrl-click on to create the link to share with who you want.

Hope this helps.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by The Wheeler Family; 10 March 2014, 11:59 PM.
                          I have a MAC OSX 10.9.1
                          Using Reunion 10
                          Safari

Comment

I'm trying to attach a screen shot of my drop box. Looks mostly like yours but when I put the link in my browser it only brings up the wc_toc.htm page in dropbox

Well I don't know enough to put screen shot on here this is what shows up.
                            /Users/delbertcurlin/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 6.32.30 PM.png

Any further advice? I'm totally out of my element.
                            Here is the link that gets saved;

Delbert Curlin
                            Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
                            Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

Originally posted by DelbertCurlin View Post
                              I'm trying to attach a screen shot of my drop box. Looks mostly like yours but when I put the link in my browser it only brings up the wc_toc.htm page in dropbox

Well I don't know enough to put screen shot on here this is what shows up.
                              /Users/delbertcurlin/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 6.32.30 PM.png

Any further advice? I'm totally out of my element.
                              Here is the link that gets saved;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzv70zlu4yt2ofd/wc_toc.htm
                              Have you emailed this link to someone else to see if they can see your Web project? Because it's the link to the toc.htm file that gives others access to your web project.

I'm learning as I go so I hope this is of some help and I'm not leading you astray!
                              Last edited by Deb; 12 March 2014, 09:20 AM.
                              I have a MAC OSX 10.9.1
                              Using Reunion 10
                              Safari

Comment

Working...
                              X