X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing charts for other relatives to print, as a pdf

Hello,

I would like to email a chart to a relative, for her to print. She does not have Reunion. When I save a chart as a pdf or tiff, the print is so small that it would not be appropriate to print.

Is there any solution?

Thanks, Carol

Re: Preparing charts for other relatives to print, as a pdf

Originally posted by Carol Stoughton View Post
    I would like to email a chart to a relative, for her to print. She does not have Reunion. When I save a chart as a pdf or tiff, the print is so small that it would not be appropriate to print.
    When she prints the pdf chart, the print dialog box in Acrobat should have a button labelled "Poster".

If she clicks it, the chart should print out in pages that can be tiled together to make a large chart, and the print should be readable.

If she doesn't have that option in her print dialog, there are probably other ways she can print a useful chart, but ask her about that first.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thank you Dennis. I'll try your suggestion.

Carol

Comment

Dennis,

Your suggestion worked! You made my day, because I would like to send charts to many other relatives.

Thank you,

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Stoughton View Post
          Your suggestion worked! You made my day, because I would like to send charts to many other relatives.
          Glad to hear it. If one of your relatives lacks that button, I'm sure we can find an alternative way to share the charts with them.
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
            Glad to hear it. If one of your relatives lacks that button, I'm sure we can find an alternative way to share the charts with them.
            I had a similar problem but solved it in a different way. I proceeded to print a chart as if for myself, but in the print dialog box I chose PDF>Save as PDF. I saved this file somewhere convenient. It resulted in a PDF file of all the pages as if I had printed it off myself. I then attached it to the email I was sending to my relative. The receiver opened the PDF file in Preview and printed all the pages.

Robin.
            Robin
            Victoria, Australia

Comment

Hello Robin,

This option was helpful because I was able to include page numbers (Reunion > File > Page setup > Settings > Reunion > checked number pages.

Thank you.

Carol

Comment

Working...
              X